Don't Expect Xbox One Or PS4 Patches To Bump Games To 1080p

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Don't Expect Xbox One Or PS4 Patches To Bump Games To 1080p

User Info: Exodus_Prime

Exodus_Prime
4 years ago#1
There’s been much fuss made about native resolution across the Xbox One and PS4, with a central conflict being the fact that Call of Duty: Ghosts is native 720p on Xbox while it’s native 1080p on PlayStation.

Except when it isn’t.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/11/14/dont-expect-xbox-one-or-ps4-patches-to-bump-games-to-1080p/
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
4 years ago#2
This should really be common knowledge but I guess there are just people out there who would think otherwise. When you think a patch can make a game 1080p that's like saying "I can download more RAM"
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS

User Info: Dev0311

Dev0311
4 years ago#3
"The worst I’ve heard has been about a few framerate issues with PS4′s Ghosts (which should now be resolved) and Xbox One’s Dead Rising, the game with hundreds of zombies onscreen at a time."

Yeah, too bad they can't fix DR3's framerate problem with a patch.
Take One look at the resolution and walk away...

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
4 years ago#4
blitz_0623 posted...
This should really be common knowledge but I guess there are just people out there who would think otherwise. When you think a patch can make a game 1080p that's like saying "I can download more RAM"

Except it's nothing like that and it's completely possible to patch a new resolution into a game.

It's not really something we should be expecting but it's by all means possible.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
4 years ago#5
Ch3wy posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

Except it's nothing like that and it's completely possible to patch a new resolution into a game.

It's not really something we should be expecting but it's by all means possible.

Well obviously the download RAM is technically impossible while this one isn't so maybe I did over exaggerated. Care to explain how it's possible though?
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS

User Info: JusticeSword

JusticeSword
4 years ago#6
Actually you can upgrade the resolution via a patch, & even texture resolution & performance, Unreal tournament 3 did it on the ps3, & it happens on the PC all the time, most recently planetside 2 updated & received better everything, because they patched in multi core cpu optimisations at the game engine level, which can & HAS been done on consoles exactly like in UT3.

So get your facts straight in future, ok ?
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
4 years ago#7
blitz_0623 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

Well obviously the download RAM is technically impossible while this one isn't so maybe I did over exaggerated. Care to explain how it's possible though?

If it's a multiplat game already designed for multiple resolutions then it could be as simple as changing some graphics settings around.

Even if it's not originally designed for 1080p I don't see what's stopping them from patching in new resolutions. It's been done before.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

User Info: SythisTaru

SythisTaru
4 years ago#8
I downloaded a new GPU the other day and also get a patch that turned my old mouse into an SSD 256gb.

JusticeSword
4 years ago#9
blitz_0623 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

By optimising & updating code within the engine, improving that & allocating resources efficiently can improve everything, from texture res, to HD output, to load times & net code.

If a game was using the available resources inefficiently then it is possible to fix, thus giving the game the proper level of power available from cpu gpu & ram.

skyrim, oblivion, & UT3 did this, theres more too but thats what I know of offhand.

JusticeSword
4 years ago#10
Yeah thats what I thought, disproven again so just let the topic slip into obscurity.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Don't Expect Xbox One Or PS4 Patches To Bump Games To 1080p

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived