Kinect Distance Requirement for Playing

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Kinect Distance Requirement for Playing

User Info: Steak_n_Taters

Steak_n_Taters
3 years ago#1
I hear that the new kinect needs about 3ft. of space for it to function properly.

What I can't find is whether or not that is just for it to do simple functions like voice/face recognition and room scanning etc. or is that for actual kinect games?

The playing space where I would be standing in my living room is a little over 4ft. from where the kinect would be sitting. My wife wants to get Just Dance but I don't know if there is enough distance from the kinect for it to function properly.

User Info: yanksfan4247

yanksfan4247
3 years ago#2
Its 4 ft to play.
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer

Steak_n_Taters
3 years ago#3
Does the kinect have to be at a certain height? I think there are too many variables and I will just have to wait and see how I can set everything up.

User Info: yanksfan4247

yanksfan4247
3 years ago#4
Steak_n_Taters posted...
Does the kinect have to be at a certain height? I think there are too many variables and I will just have to wait and see how I can set everything up.

It needs to be I believe 3 ft off the ground. No more than 6ft high. Google the Kinect manual its up on the internet already.
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer

Steak_n_Taters
3 years ago#5
Thanks pal.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Kinect Distance Requirement for Playing

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived