Yes... my disc drive will not read discs, makes crunching sound.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Yes... my disc drive will not read discs, makes crunching sound.

User Info: TBONE_OG

TBONE_OG
3 years ago#1
A lot of regular posters will recognize me as a pro xbox guy on this board. So this isn't a BS story.

My X1 works great... except for the disc drive. It was the last thing I tested with a bluray and a dvd -- I get the crunching sound, then it won't read. The disc ejects with no problems.

Just giving a heads up to legit posters that this problem is real and hopefully a small percentage of people are dealing with this.

To narrow it down: I ordered a Day One edition Xbox One from Amazon, 2 day shipping. I live in the Los Angeles area.

I will not say I'm happy about it since I'm going to have to deal with customer service, but hey.. at least the rest of the X1 works just fine, and I was able to get my Day One achievement and download Killer Instinct and play that.

Now I have a nice excuse to go back and finish my 360 games! (It helps if you're optimistic in these times.)
Always O.G.

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
3 years ago#2
Theres a large number of people who had this same problem, dont worry MS will fix it
Currently playing: Sports Club (Tennis) and Metal Gear Rising

TBONE_OG
3 years ago#3
Yeah, I know. I was reading about it all day at work, and then I'm able to get home and hook mine up and boom. I just shook my head. Hate to say it, but I'm glad I'm not alone.

Maybe I should start a support group... ha.
Always O.G.

User Info: Anakerie

Anakerie
3 years ago#4
Troll! Liar! Apostate! Necromancer!!!

Just kidding. Hope it gets resolved for you soon, TC.
GT: CrampedSultana
Pawn: Zarianna

TBONE_OG
3 years ago#5
Me too. Currently waiting in an online chat room for some help.
Always O.G.

TBONE_OG
3 years ago#6
Been on hold with CS for 3 hours, two different phone calls.

Pretty rough...
Always O.G.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
3 years ago#7
fail rate was pretty ridiculous considering they were the RRODers

User Info: Timtimmp5

Timtimmp5
3 years ago#8
Sorry man that sucks :( Let us know how the customer service is. I hope for all the people who have to send in their console at launch they said them something back with the console, like a game, xbox live time, or console currency. I think they should do something for sure to make up for it!
www.justin.tv/failgaming Come watch!

TBONE_OG
3 years ago#9
Will do. What sucks it that the online process to report a faulty console gets nothing bu errors when you go through the steps. So i have no choice but to sit here on the phone. But I am playing KI as I wait.

The worse thing about this whole thing is that I bought DR3 day one edition physical copy and can't play it. And there's special unlocks for playing on launch week.

I could download it and return the physical...but I kind of wanted the came case for this one. Maybe they can give me a free credit for the digital one, then take it back once I get my xbox back... haha

We'll see.
Always O.G.

User Info: Donuts_R_Good

Donuts_R_Good
3 years ago#10
Don't feel too bad about having to talk to xbox support, I just did about an issue I've been having and they offered me an advanced exchange.
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Yes... my disc drive will not read discs, makes crunching sound.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived