Can I play a game if I'm installing another game? Disks I mean

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can I play a game if I'm installing another game? Disks I mean

User Info: XMike17

XMike17
3 years ago#1
Forza is taking forever and I want to play Dead Rising ;p
Currently Playing: Zelda: ALBW (3DS), Killzone (PS4), Elder Scrolls: Online Beta (PC), MGS: HD Collection (Vita)

User Info: Swan3624

Swan3624
3 years ago#2
I think this is one of the PS4 positives: on the PS4 you can play while it installs and play other games while it installs. With the Xbox One, I don't think you can play anything while it installs. Only Snap stuff. I am probably wrong, though.
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624

User Info: RyuuHou25

RyuuHou25
3 years ago#3
That would be a wonder of technology to be reading information and installing it from a disc that isn't even in the drive >.>
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A

User Info: DeadLock25

DeadLock25
3 years ago#4
If you are installing from a disk I assume not, for obvious reasons.

However I no trouble doing anything while installing Killer Instinct, so I assume as long as you are installing a digital version you can play a disk based game, or vice-versa.
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent

User Info: SimpleCRIPPLE

SimpleCRIPPLE
3 years ago#5
You CAN play games that you have downloaded off the store while a game installs from disc or the store. You CAN'T play a game that was installed of a disc while installing a different game off a disc since the Xbox won't be able to verify game ownership.
Wii U & Xbox Live - SimpleCRIPPLE
PSN- xSimpleCRIPPLEx

User Info: XMike17

XMike17
3 years ago#6
Ohh ok. Yah I meant resuming the install later or something after you were done playing the second game.
Currently Playing: Zelda: ALBW (3DS), Killzone (PS4), Elder Scrolls: Online Beta (PC), MGS: HD Collection (Vita)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can I play a game if I'm installing another game? Disks I mean

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived