Your Favourite features

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Your Favourite features

User Info: SCB3

SCB3
3 years ago#1
I love my XBone, so heres my pros and cons

+The Controller feels great and although the Battery pack never bothered me, I now notice the difference
+The Snap feature, useful for help or acheivements
+Kinect 2.0 I see it's potencial and I love the fact that the voice commands actually work for me now, now I want decent working games for it
+Twitch, although I dual screen on PC with TV, having twitch on there already is great, now if only I could sign in and stream directly
+The games, I love Ryse, DR3, Forza 5, Zoo Tycoon, BF4 and FIFA 14, the 2nd best launch line up this gen imo after the Wii U
+Skype, I actually now use it more than I ever have done due to convieniance
+The ability to just resume games even after you turn the console off, that's awesome and I didn't even know it worked like that

Now the Cons

-It's MASSIVE, seriuosly a big block bgger than my oldest VCR and the Kincet is big as well
-The always on Kinect, if I watch youtube it always brings up the listening options every coupla minutes
-It's complicated to find things, it took me awhile to find the settings and Kinect Calibration, I also hate the fact that I can't see how much Memory space I have left
-the game install times, some of it is my inernet(getting 76mbs next week again) but it takes ages
-the fact I ccant alter volume on 2 snapped apps
-No TV integration here in the UK yet
-The price of Digital Downloads, I considered going all digital this gen aside from the Wii U, but the prices across al 3 consoles is a joke
-The inabilty to watch videos or play music via USB or a dedicated streaming option

So there are my thoughts
"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not Forgive, We do not Forget, You should have Expected us".
GT - SCB360 PSN - ThePunisherSCB

SCB3
3 years ago#2
bump
"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not Forgive, We do not Forget, You should have Expected us".

User Info: krystyla

krystyla
3 years ago#3
SCB3 posted...
I love my XBone, so heres my pros and cons

+The Controller feels great and although the Battery pack never bothered me, I now notice the difference
+The Snap feature, useful for help or acheivements
+Kinect 2.0 I see it's potencial and I love the fact that the voice commands actually work for me now, now I want decent working games for it
+Twitch, although I dual screen on PC with TV, having twitch on there already is great, now if only I could sign in and stream directly
+The games, I love Ryse, DR3, Forza 5, Zoo Tycoon, BF4 and FIFA 14, the 2nd best launch line up this gen imo after the Wii U
+Skype, I actually now use it more than I ever have done due to convieniance
+The ability to just resume games even after you turn the console off, that's awesome and I didn't even know it worked like that

Now the Cons

-It's MASSIVE, seriuosly a big block bgger than my oldest VCR and the Kincet is big as well
-The always on Kinect, if I watch youtube it always brings up the listening options every coupla minutes
-It's complicated to find things, it took me awhile to find the settings and Kinect Calibration, I also hate the fact that I can't see how much Memory space I have left
-the game install times, some of it is my inernet(getting 76mbs next week again) but it takes ages
-the fact I ccant alter volume on 2 snapped apps
-The price of Digital Downloads, I considered going all digital this gen aside from the Wii U, but the prices across al 3 consoles is a joke
-The inabilty to watch videos or play music via USB or a dedicated streaming option

So there are my thoughts

I love snapping to Netflix when going for platinum on games, and if you want cheap digital games change your region to US to access US XBL store, games are 60$ there and 60€ in Europe. You don't have to pay taxes nor tolls for software without physical medium in Europe afaik.
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell

SCB3
3 years ago#4
Really? Will it work with my Card Info.though? I'd do that, it'd make them a lot cheaper to me

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
3 years ago#5
SCB3 posted...
-I haven't even unwrapped my Kinect, you don't need it at all.
-Agreed, they need less giant pictures and more text.
-Get better internet. Read a book or something in the meantime during installs.
-Can you not plug in cable box? Serious question. I hears a few UK peopel were watchign TV no problem.
-This has always been the case.
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
3 years ago#6
For me

Pros
+ I love the snap feature, being able to watch TV or instant video while playing is great.
+ The kinect is very cool, love the voice commands
+The controller (other than the bumpers) is very nice
+ Dead Rising 3
+ Game DVR and Xbox Record that

Cons
- Party system. I think its really clunky and doesn't work sometimes
- The headset, won't work for me and i hear there are others with the issue
- The bumpers on the controller are very uncomfortable
- No way to trigger the eject disc with the controller
- The size of the system, its huge.

This last one i don't want to put as a pro or con but the UI. I don't dislike the Xbox UI, its pretty nice but imo the Playstation 4 UI is much better and i prefer it.
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v2 / PSN - Brokeslimjim

SCB3
3 years ago#7
mcnichoj posted...
SCB3 posted...
-I haven't even unwrapped my Kinect, you don't need it at all.
-Agreed, they need less giant pictures and more text.
-Get better internet. Read a book or something in the meantime during installs.
-Can you not plug in cable box? Serious question. I hears a few UK peopel were watchign TV no problem.
-This has always been the case.

-I only just installed my Kinect yesterday lol
- Although I like Windows 8, it''s cluttered like it is
- Like I said, I'm getting better internet this week installed and I just watch TV whilst waiting, a minor issue tbh
-Nope Sky will pay through it, but you can't use Voice commands or One Guide
-It still sucks, I'm gonna get a US Live account and download games for £35/$60 rather than £50/$80
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Your Favourite features

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived