Xbox won't play DVDs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox won't play DVDs

User Info: jzbadblood

jzbadblood
3 years ago#11
Halloween 35th Anniversary blu-ray won't work, The Dark Knight and A Good Day to Die Hard blu-rays work.

MI-2 DVD won't work. Ernest Goes to Camp DVD won't work, The Next Three Days DVD won't work.

I called Xbox the girl tried to come up with a solution but basically I'll have to send it in or exchange it at Gamestop. Thing is games, DLC, and online play all work fine and should work going forward. So I dunno if I really care that much about playing DVDs on this thing. I really don't want to lose my Dead Rising 3 save data uggh

User Info: CTUJK95

CTUJK95
3 years ago#12
What's this contraption thing you call a "DVD"
"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light."

User Info: grimms2

grimms2
3 years ago#13
Hmm.... Weird. I just tried my Halloween 35rh Anniversary Edition Bluray. It works fine here. You may want to call up Microsoft.

User Info: grimms2

grimms2
3 years ago#14
Trying putting back in your Halloween Bluray. I literally just got the "Sorry we can't play this music, video, game disc" error with my A Nightmare On Elm Street 5 Bluray. But then I reinserted the bluray and it works now. Currently watching. Hope you get this issue sorted TC.

User Info: Kolanifv

Kolanifv
3 years ago#15
Both systems desperately need a firmware update for the players, keep trying and wait it out if you don't mind the issues for now.

User Info: ShuraYukihime

ShuraYukihime
3 years ago#16
CTUJK95 posted...

Digital Versatile Disc. Anyone that says "video" should be hit in the neck.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.

User Info: QuxMax

QuxMax
3 years ago#17
Did you not download the blu-ray app from the app store other wise it wont play dvds or blu-ray moves unless you download it mine workes fine with it

User Info: 95_Eclipse

95_Eclipse
3 years ago#18
ShuraYukihime posted...
CTUJK95 posted...

Digital Versatile Disc. Anyone that says "video" should be hit in the neck.

That's A LOT of people. Esp considering I'd literally never heard that before lol.

Though, now that I've sat here and thought about it, I can't remember more than 2 times where anyone said anything aside from "DVD" when talking about DVDs :P
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox won't play DVDs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived