How to fix tv lag on a vizio?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How to fix tv lag on a vizio?

User Info: Cinn_kentsu89

Cinn_kentsu89
3 years ago#1
When I play call of duty there is a quarter second input lag that is pretty obvious.

How can I fix this? I have it set to game tv picture. It's a 47" 3D smart tv if that helps. Would turning off the wifi on it help?

User Info: Snickers085

Snickers085
3 years ago#2
Dunno about your Vizio.. but mine had this..

Menu Picture More Fast Response

turn fast response to on
http://i.imgur.com/DOHeUJA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4k3bG4G.jpg

User Info: jsplisim

jsplisim
3 years ago#3
Does the set have Game Mode?
I have two hard rules that I live by: I don't $#%@ with the devil, and I never do tag-teams with blood relatives.

Cinn_kentsu89
3 years ago#4
jsplisim posted...
Does the set have Game Mode?

It doesn't have a game mode just a game picture set (like vivid, movie, and what not). I'll look for fast response and see.

User Info: orestes1981

orestes1981
3 years ago#5
How to fix tv lag on a Vizio?

Solution: Do not buy a Vizio. Seriously, do people not understand that sometimes you get what you pay for?
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher

User Info: jsplisim

jsplisim
3 years ago#6
Another idea is to look for clear motion or DCM; turning that off (if it is on) will help dramatically!
I have two hard rules that I live by: I don't $#%@ with the devil, and I never do tag-teams with blood relatives.

Cinn_kentsu89
3 years ago#7
Got it figured out. There is game picture in the display/tv part of settings which doesnt change anything except colors and brightness and then I found going into settings instead of display/tv in its advanced settings had the game on/off setup. Thanks guys for the help, I really appreciate it!

User Info: danl0134

danl0134
3 years ago#8
orestes1981 posted...
How to fix tv lag on a Vizio?

Solution: Do not buy a Vizio. Seriously, do people not understand that sometimes you get what you pay for?

You obviously know nothing about tv tech. There are plenty of amazing high end sets that create a ton of lag for gaming. The 2013 samsung plasmas come to mind. There are also plenty of cheap sets that have very little input lag.
Great job!
PSN - CameraManDan, XBL - CameraManDanXBL

User Info: M16Crowbar

M16Crowbar
3 years ago#9
got a vizio and game mode comes standard. The option is not in the video setting. I cant remember where it is, but keep searching. And Vizio is a GREAT company. Ive never had any dull gaming quality with it.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How to fix tv lag on a vizio?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived