hardware help, please...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. hardware help, please...

User Info: Raiden0406

Raiden0406
3 years ago#1
I've had the system since day one and just have a couple of questions for the masses...

1. The only game I own is Ghost so I have nothing to compare to but once every blue moon I lose audio for second. Do you think it's the gave it the system?

2. Secondly, I notice a sort of lag on my home screen only not the games. It's only my dashboard that seems laggy. Anyone else having this issue?

3. Lastly, I just hooked up to internet via Ethernet for the first time my life I've always used wireless. Should I be concerned about the type of Ethernet wire I use?

Thank you all in advance.

Raiden0406
3 years ago#2
Anyone experiencing anything similar? I'd love to hear from you all before I have to call Microsoft.

And about the Ethernet wire?

User Info: ThePipSqueek

ThePipSqueek
3 years ago#3
I own battlefield and I always lose audio every once in a while. It usually only lasts for about 10 seconds but it's very annoying. I thought I was the only one with this problem but I guess not?

I'm questioning if it's an in-game problem or a console problem...
-Brendan

User Info: bias2000

bias2000
3 years ago#4
Not had any sound issues but the dashboard can be a bit slow if I also have a game running but I expected that.
Gamertag:OptimushedPrune
People say I'm indecisive........but me I'm not so sure

User Info: curtendz

curtendz
3 years ago#5
Yeah man some times my dashboard will get a little laggy. If you have it on instant on then this happens occasionally. My girlfriend unplugged mine the day after I noticed the lag and that seemed to resolve the issue. Just like with any other electronic device I think it needs to be restarted every once in a while.
Cut from the same cloth by the hands of a champion/ you cut from the cloth that a bum wipe his hands with.
Gamertag - CurtendZ

Raiden0406
3 years ago#6
Thank you, I will try the unplug, restart method.
My audio loud only lady for a split second bit she's happen. Don't mean to be mean, but I'll glad I'm not the only one. Makes me think I don't need to rush to return the item, but just be patient for a distant patch...Maybe?

User Info: Apex-Player

Apex-Player
3 years ago#7
2. Also happens to me on ps4, so thats a game issue.
Not sure bout the others

Edit/ oops misread. Thought you ment the ghost main screen, freezes there on ps4 for like 3secs.
PSN/ Comfort_Cat

Raiden0406
3 years ago#8
Does anyone have advice on the Ethernet cord part?
The dude at radio shack sold me a basic one and said it was plenty fast enough. I know nothing of Ethernet technology, so any advice would be great. Thank you.

User Info: ShuraYukihime

ShuraYukihime
3 years ago#9
Raiden0406 posted...
The dude at radio shack sold me a basic one and said it was plenty fast enough. I know nothing of Ethernet technology, so any advice would be great. Thank you.

The cord you are using is fine.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.

Raiden0406
3 years ago#10
ShuraYukihime posted...
Raiden0406 posted...

The cord you are using is fine.

Thank you. Would there be any benefit to a better cord?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. hardware help, please...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived