The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Will this internet speed be sufficient for online gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will this internet speed be sufficient for online gaming?

User Info: LazerLXXVII2

LazerLXXVII2
3 years ago#1
Finally did a speed test, its not amazing but is it good enough to work without problems?

Ping: 10ms
Download: 4.57Mbps
Upload: 3.44Mbps

EDIT: I ran the test a few times, ping goes up to 15 tops sometimes, but download is anywhere between upper 2's and upper 4's. It teeters a lot.

User Info: roos1046 Reborn

roos1046 Reborn
3 years ago#2
kinda
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.

User Info: Darkneo20

Darkneo20
3 years ago#3
it'll be fine as long as u dont host huge games......but that download speed will suck if u buy DD games ?
Amd Phenom II X4 955 3.2ghz ASUS EAH DIRECTCU 5850 1gig Asus Crosshair Formula 3 790FX WD Caviar 1TB HDD Coolermaster HAF 932 XFX Modular 750watt PSU

User Info: drink

drink
3 years ago#4
ping is the biggest thing, you should be fine
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake

User Info: Xeeh_Bitz

Xeeh_Bitz
3 years ago#5
768kbps is the minimum required, you honestly don't need a very fast connection for online gaming., latency is the biggest issue.
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You

User Info: LazerLXXVII2

LazerLXXVII2
3 years ago#6
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
768kbps is the minimum required, you honestly don't need a very fast connection for online gaming., latency is the biggest issue.

Speaking of which, my ISP is right in between two "spots", I don't know what it is called. But when I run the test I can select which spot to run the test from.

One of them is an hour and a half west, which comes back with 50 ping, the other is like 45 minutes east and comes back with 10-11 ping. I'm guessing I'd be connecting to the closer one, right?

User Info: Excal1bur

Excal1bur
3 years ago#7
run your test on the xbox one, will also tell you if your MTU is high enough as well.

User Info: Pulp

Pulp
3 years ago#8
Not the greatest, but ample for playing online (assuming you get that speed consistently). I wouldn't want to download next gen games on those speeds though, and I'd double to check to make sure I don't have any bandwidth caps.
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.

User Info: plus1zero

plus1zero
3 years ago#9
Uh yeah. I gamed at 3Mb down and 1Mb up for years, OP. It was fine then.

User Info: Hidan623

Hidan623
3 years ago#10
okay maybe i don't understand this stuff, if a download speed of 4 is good why does mine say 26 when I do connection test on my xbox. Am i reading it wrong?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will this internet speed be sufficient for online gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived