what system do I buy multiplatform games on?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. what system do I buy multiplatform games on?

User Info: Aconformist

Aconformist
3 years ago#21
I currently own both systems, and this is my philosophy on multiplatforms:

Games that I will primarily play for the single player mode, little to no multiplayer: PS4

Games that I will play a lot of multiplayer: Xbox One.

User Info: MEBCitadel

MEBCitadel
3 years ago#22
I own both systems, and as far as multiplatforms go it's really going to depend on if there's a significant online component to that game. I *think* most of my buddies are going to wind up with PS4 because they're more casual so to them casual = cheaper. Therefore I'll be playing BF, COD, GTA, etc on PS4. There will probably be a couple multiplats I get for X1 though. Maybe.

Also super lawl at narcissistic PS4 that needs to be a meme like right now.
"Every game with online has jackasses, they're the thing that brings balance to the force.........." -kylekillgannon

User Info: TheWayOfTheGun

TheWayOfTheGun
3 years ago#23
PC

This is coming from someone who uses the 360 controller on every PC game I play aside from the mouse only RTS.

Consoles these days are only good for exclusives. Back in the 90's and early 2000's it was a different story, but not so much now.

I can understand the casual console gamers not wanting to buy a PC that can support a solid GPU but hardcore console gamers who ignore that possiblility are silly. You don't have to fully convert. I never did.
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 years ago#24
If it's MP, get it on what your friends are getting.
If it's SP and has no pseudo-MP features you care about, get it on the system that has the controller you prefer.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: Reflex-Arc

Reflex-Arc
3 years ago#25
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
PC

This is coming from someone who uses the 360 controller on every PC game I play aside from the mouse only RTS.

Consoles these days are only good for exclusives. Back in the 90's and early 2000's it was a different story, but not so much now.

I can understand the casual console gamers not wanting to buy a PC that can support a solid GPU but hardcore console gamers who ignore that possiblility are silly. You don't have to fully convert. I never did.

I'm actually with you on this. I have every intention of picking up any multiplats that interest me on PC and leave the Wii U, PS4, and XBO for exclusives.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard

User Info: TheWayOfTheGun

TheWayOfTheGun
3 years ago#26
Reflex-Arc posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
PC

I'm actually with you on this. I have every intention of picking up any multiplats that interest me on PC and leave the Wii U, PS4, and XBO for exclusives.

Damn, so you upgraded all 3 consoles already? I actually bought the Wii, PS3, 360, and 2 gens of GPU's (2x 470's -> 770) in this previous gen but now that I look back, it wasn't worth it when I mostly just bought exclusives. I am really hesitant now.
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 years ago#27
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
PC

Damn, so you upgraded all 3 consoles already? I actually bought the Wii, PS3, 360, and 2 gens of GPU's (2x 470's -> 770) in this previous gen but now that I look back, it wasn't worth it when I mostly just bought exclusives. I am really hesitant now.

I'd rather have worse graphics and the ability to play games with my friends than better graphics and being stuck with randoms.

But what do I know, I'm just an inferior console gamer, right?
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: Reflex-Arc

Reflex-Arc
3 years ago#28
TheWayOfTheGun posted...

Yeah, I may have a bit of a gaming problem. I'm pretty selective of the games I buy, so it's never a matter of not having enough time to play them all, but at the same time I like to have options. All of the platforms have (or will have) great games to play.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard

User Info: DisgaeaNut

DisgaeaNut
3 years ago#29
PS4 for multiplats

User Info: CyborgTwenty

CyborgTwenty
3 years ago#30
PlayStation 4
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. what system do I buy multiplatform games on?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived