No picture after turning console back on - have to pull HDMI to get it working

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. No picture after turning console back on - have to pull HDMI to get it working

User Info: elbarto1

elbarto1
3 years ago#11
Sounds like an hdcp/HDMI handshake issue.

This can be fixed by updating your TVs firmware.

I had a similar problem w my ps4 and my Samsung HDTV.

Note that updating the TVs firmware will restore it to a factory default setting erasing any picture calibrations and input settings/labels.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY

User Info: lopper

lopper
3 years ago#12
elbarto1 posted...
Sounds like an hdcp/HDMI handshake issue.

This can be fixed by updating your TVs firmware.

I had a similar problem w my ps4 and my Samsung HDTV.

Note that updating the TVs firmware will restore it to a factory default setting erasing any picture calibrations and input settings/labels.

I don't think it's the TV. It may be the receiver, but I'm honestly leaning towards the problem being with the Xbox itself. I don't think the signal is even getting from the Xbox to the receiver.

Just a minute ago I decided to move the kinect and had to turn the Xbox just slightly to reach the plug. Everything was working fine, then BANG screen goes black.

I try the power cycle, pulling the HDMI out, changing inputs, etc. Nothing seemed to be working but it eventually came back. I have no idea how though.

I'll keep checking the internet for a solution but it looks like a call to Microsoft support is in my future.
I come about my bicycle, you son of a *****!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. No picture after turning console back on - have to pull HDMI to get it working

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived