What to Buy - Ryze or Ghosts?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What to Buy - Ryze or Ghosts?

User Info: DeathDealerKS

DeathDealerKS
3 years ago#1
Hello all,

I was met with the unfortunate circumstance of having an unexpected surgery and being laid up two days before One launch day, and so I have had an abundance of time to check out the system/games. Looking to pick up a new title from the few remaining I haven't played and wanted your thoughts as to which.

I have played Black Flag (great) NFS Rivals, Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon, and Battlefield 4. I am looking for a title to add in that I can get some good time in playing by myself. BF4 is pretty sweet, but it really isn't that fun if you don't have a squad of friends online since the entire title is built on the premise of squad cooperation. I wondered if I shouldn't have gotten Ghosts instead, though I faded from COD around Black OPS. Ryze reviews are all over the map, but it is something different.

What do you guys think? I just need something I can reliably relax with for an hour or two a day while my wife steals my laptop for her SimCity addiction.
Kratos is neither a good guy or bad guy, he is a bad ass. He can do whatever the hell he wants...

User Info: EmbersOfElder

EmbersOfElder
3 years ago#2
DeathDealerKS posted...
Hello all,

I was met with the unfortunate circumstance of having an unexpected surgery and being laid up two days before One launch day, and so I have had an abundance of time to check out the system/games. Looking to pick up a new title from the few remaining I haven't played and wanted your thoughts as to which.

I have played Black Flag (great) NFS Rivals, Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon, and Battlefield 4. I am looking for a title to add in that I can get some good time in playing by myself. BF4 is pretty sweet, but it really isn't that fun if you don't have a squad of friends online since the entire title is built on the premise of squad cooperation. I wondered if I shouldn't have gotten Ghosts instead, though I faded from COD around Black OPS. Ryze reviews are all over the map, but it is something different.

What do you guys think? I just need something I can reliably relax with for an hour or two a day while my wife steals my laptop for her SimCity addiction.

Why not pre-order a game? I am hard pressed giving a thumbs up to either of those games as neither game is particular great or stand-out.
XBL: Embers of Elder
PSN: EmbersofElder

User Info: Excal1bur

Excal1bur
3 years ago#3
you will get a lot more play out of ghosts rather than ryse. Saying that Ryse is a game worth playing but in short bursts but not worth $60

User Info: -FryShakeWad-

-FryShakeWad-
3 years ago#4
Have both, preference is Ryse.

User Info: PoweredMilkMan

PoweredMilkMan
3 years ago#5
Battlefield 4
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon

DeathDealerKS
3 years ago#6
any other thoughts?
Kratos is neither a good guy or bad guy, he is a bad ass. He can do whatever the hell he wants...

DeathDealerKS
3 years ago#7
bump

User Info: QT31416

QT31416
3 years ago#8
I enjoyed my play through of Ryse.

Play that and trade it in.
Ps4 - XboxOne - WiiU
i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 780 | Vengeance 16gb | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Sabertooth Z77

User Info: GutxPile

GutxPile
3 years ago#9
I had Ryse and still have Ghosts. Ryse was fun but is not worth 60$ in my opinion. I play Ghosts on a daily basis.
XBOX GT GutxPile
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What to Buy - Ryze or Ghosts?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived