Is Kinect and it's functionality worth $100 to you?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is Kinect and it's functionality worth $100 to you?

User Info: RedZaraki

RedZaraki
3 years ago#1
Is Kinect and it's functionality worth $100 to you? - Results (410 votes)
Yes, and that's why I have/am getting an Xbox One.
24.88% (102 votes)
Yes, but I still don't want an Xbox One.
1.22% (5 votes)
No, but I might pay less to have it.
11.71% (48 votes)
No, and I don't want it no matter the price.
62.2% (255 votes)
This poll is now closed.
^
Wolf Baron

User Info: pwnater777

pwnater777
3 years ago#2
Console cameras for anything other than live streaming gameplay is nothing more than a silly gimmick.
"That's NASCAR tactics."

User Info: scoobydoobydont

scoobydoobydont
3 years ago#3
Yes, but I still don't want Xbone. I never regretted buying Kinect 1 for $150, had many many hours of fun with it.
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski

User Info: Lerp85

Lerp85
3 years ago#4
No, it don't work like it should, and I would not mind the price if it worked right.
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.

User Info: archibald3

archibald3
3 years ago#5
Do we really need another poll meant to stir the pot from a Sony fanboy ? Just do 1 quick search and you`ll see the poll creator has posted such gems as:

RedZaraki | Posted on Nov. 10, 2013, 6:26 p.m.
How the actual **** can anyone still want an Xbone at this point?

I don't even care anymore. Buy whatever you want, your money.

RedZarakiPosted 12/14/2013 12:38:50 AM
Confession time: I actually pre-ordered 3 PS4s

and lots more gems about microsoft shills etc. I mean even you neutral people aren`t you getting FED UP with this - can`t you see through it ?

User Info: I_VTEC_Power_I

I_VTEC_Power_I
3 years ago#6
I have zero use for the Kinect. If it didn't leave an annoying symbol in the top right corner, I'd disconnect it altogether.
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1

User Info: Troll_Directory

Troll_Directory
3 years ago#7
RedZaraki posted...
Is Kinect and it's functionality worth $100 to you?
not only is it worth more than $100 to me, but it likely costs more than $100 for ms. xo would probably be priced less than $100 without it, yet w/o kinect, ms would probably have spent the extra $ on more hardware power. still, i'd rather have it as-is including kinect, with my ps4 right beside it.

User Info: aszsith

aszsith
3 years ago#8
Why do some many people contend that the event of Sony pulling the camera from their box at the last second and lowering the price by $100 has any correlation to a product from another company? Plus the original Kinect retailed for more than $100 when it came out, so it stands to reason that the Kinect 2.0 is actually MORE than $100 of the console's price.

Is it too hard to objectively consider that one company is providing a product at an advertised price and another company is providing a competing product with less equipment for a lower price?
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!

User Info: I_VTEC_Power_I

I_VTEC_Power_I
3 years ago#9
aszsith posted...
Why do some many people contend that the event of Sony pulling the camera from their box at the last second and lowering the price by $100 has any correlation to a product from another company? Plus the original Kinect retailed for more than $100 when it came out, so it stands to reason that the Kinect 2.0 is actually MORE than $100 of the console's price.

Is it too hard to objectively consider that one company is providing a product at an advertised price and another company is providing a competing product with less equipment for a lower price?

NO!
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1

User Info: Spetsnaz420

Spetsnaz420
3 years ago#10
Some people prefer to choose for themselves

I choose no camera
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is Kinect and it's functionality worth $100 to you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived