Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse $39.99, $31.99 with GCU at Bestbuy!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse $39.99, $31.99 with GCU at Bestbuy!!

User Info: sjc1279

sjc1279
3 years ago#1
I just ordered Forza 5, Dead Rising 3 and Xbox one at bestbuy. I have to pick it up tomorrow at bestbuy. I paid Dead Rising 3 $31.99, Forza 5 $31.99, Xbox One $499.99. My total was $596.91 including 6% Tax. Not bad deal.

User Info: aszsith

aszsith
3 years ago#2
That GCU program is pretty awesome. That, combined with my Elite Plus rewards are what is keeping me from going all digital. Why pay $60 for digital games with no Rewards when I can pay less than $48 (or less if there is a price reduction/sale) and also get points I can spend on anything at Best Buy?
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!

sjc1279
3 years ago#3
aszsith posted...
That GCU program is pretty awesome. That, combined with my Elite Plus rewards are what is keeping me from going all digital. Why pay $60 for digital games with no Rewards when I can pay less than $48 (or less if there is a price reduction/sale) and also get points I can spend on anything at Best Buy?

yup, I have GCU until November 2015 and only paid $30 for it. lol I think I already saved around $100 with all the trade in bonus and discount on new games. I also have Elite Plus so I get 25% extra reward points. Looks like I will be getting most of nextgen games from Bestbuy. Now I can play all the Exclusive games on PS4 and X1.

User Info: ukemandwnbu

ukemandwnbu
3 years ago#4
You got all three of those games for $31.99 each or total? What is GCU?

User Info: aszsith

aszsith
3 years ago#5
ukemandwnbu posted...

https://my.bestbuy.com/gamers/benefits

GCU is Gamer's Club Unlocked. It is essentially the Best Buy version of the Gamestop Edge program.

It used to cost $15 a year for the magazine (which is pretty terrible but comes with some occasionally useful coupons). It now costs over $100, but they changed the benefits. You get 20% off all new games. Plus you get other benefits too, such as double points.
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!

User Info: TheSilentRaven

TheSilentRaven
3 years ago#6
That's dope, I don't understand why they don't advertise for it more. GameStop is not a nice place.

sjc1279
3 years ago#7
ukemandwnbu posted...

I only got dr 3 and forza 5 for $31.99 each. I'll get ryse when its $20 or less. Gcu membership cost $120 for 2 years, but bestbuy send me email coupon so I paid $30 for 2 years.

User Info: InjusticeReborn

InjusticeReborn
3 years ago#8
aszsith posted...
ukemandwnbu posted...

https://my.bestbuy.com/gamers/benefits

GCU is Gamer's Club Unlocked. It is essentially the Best Buy version of the Gamestop Edge program.

It used to cost $15 a year for the magazine (which is pretty terrible but comes with some occasionally useful coupons). It now costs over $100, but they changed the benefits. You get 20% off all new games. Plus you get other benefits too, such as double points.

Please, UK retailers, please take note.

User Info: DojoMax

DojoMax
3 years ago#9
I'm still not sure if gcu is worth it.
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse $39.99, $31.99 with GCU at Bestbuy!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived