Think there will ever be a Microsoft handheld?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Think there will ever be a Microsoft handheld?

User Info: MetalGearOnAcid

MetalGearOnAcid
3 years ago#1
They'd be inexperienced compared to Nintendo and even Sony but if they looked at what Nintendo and Sony have been doing and worked off that it could start strong..
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero

User Info: Lerp85

Lerp85
3 years ago#2
They tried once already and failed.
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.

User Info: MetalGearOnAcid

MetalGearOnAcid
3 years ago#3
Tried once with what?
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero

User Info: 2ndAtomisk

2ndAtomisk
3 years ago#4
Maybe he's talking about Zune or something. I don't recall any Microsoft handheld gaming systems ever being released.
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine

Lerp85
3 years ago#5
They tried from what I know to make a handheld system, that was when zune or what ever first came about, and it did not take.
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.

User Info: userfrigginame

userfrigginame
3 years ago#6
No. They're already focused on making the Xbox One a multimedia device. I believe they'd think that a dedicated handheld gaming device would only inhibit their vision of gaming. I think the only handheld gaming they'd be pursuing is tablet gaming.

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
3 years ago#7
Surface is failing, Zune failed and Windows 8 failed. XBOX ONE hasn't failed but its losing market share to PS4 in its strongest area North America. I doubt with all that happening they're anxious to get involved in a new market.

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: weAREtheB0RG

weAREtheB0RG
3 years ago#8
Honestly I think Microsoft is happy enough just making Windows Phones. I doubt they would bother with a dedicated handheld, which is fine by me. Not every company needs to do everything just because the competition does.

User Info: MidnightJacket

MidnightJacket
3 years ago#9
staticxtreme5 posted...
Honestly I think Microsoft is happy enough just making Windows Phones.

This is what I was thinking. BUT, if a handheld were developed that also functioned as a phone and was around the same size as a Galaxy, I'd be all over it. I've got a 3ds and a Vita, got bored with the 3ds and have been nothing but dissapointed in the lofty expectations of the Vita.

There was a phone produced by I think Sony maybe 10-15 years ago that functioned as both a phone and game system, and I don't think it did too well. But the games were beyond awful and on par with poor Atari games. You were better off getting a flip phone and playing snake.

All that said, Apple has filled this niche I suppose with all the app games.

Lerp85
3 years ago#10
MidnightJacket posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...
Honestly I think Microsoft is happy enough just making Windows Phones.

This is what I was thinking. BUT, if a handheld were developed that also functioned as a phone and was around the same size as a Galaxy, I'd be all over it. I've got a 3ds and a Vita, got bored with the 3ds and have been nothing but dissapointed in the lofty expectations of the Vita.

There was a phone produced by I think Sony maybe 10-15 years ago that functioned as both a phone and game system, and I don't think it did too well. But the games were beyond awful and on par with poor Atari games. You were better off getting a flip phone and playing snake.

All that said, Apple has filled this niche I suppose with all the app games.

You want what just about any smartphone is already?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Think there will ever be a Microsoft handheld?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived