Why will people drop $500-$1200 at the drop of a hat on a new phone or tablet...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why will people drop $500-$1200 at the drop of a hat on a new phone or tablet...

User Info: Hercular1

Hercular1
3 years ago#1
but $499.00 for a new game console is just too much?

I have never understood why a game console is so undervalued.

User Info: seanskate

seanskate
3 years ago#2
Because it's just a gaming console. I can miss my consoles but i'd die without tablet.
SEN/WiiU/Xbox360 = ClickyButton

User Info: Dartkun

Dartkun
3 years ago#3
Portability? Functionality?
http://i.imgur.com/PUVNqBo.jpg

Hercular1
3 years ago#4
I have a cell phone, sure, but I don't game on it.

As far as tablets, or lap tops, I still consider myself a dinosaur in these regards. I've never owned one, nor have I had the desire to. Hell, I still really don't know how to use an MP3 player or whatever they're called now.

My game consoles seemingly hold the most value out of any electronics that I own, but I feel they are greatly undervalued by the general public as a whole.

User Info: Cornbread4life

Cornbread4life
3 years ago#5
I understand people who get those who don't have a laptop. It's the people who own macbook pros and then buy ipads that I don't understand.
GT: Cornbread4life

User Info: ZenGamer64

ZenGamer64
3 years ago#6
Hercular1 posted...
but $499.00 for a new game console is just too much?

I have never understood why a game console is so undervalued.

Because the more powerful console is 100 dollars less.
Feed me like a baby bird!

User Info: SmudgieMuffins

SmudgieMuffins
3 years ago#7
I don't understand this whole tablet/phone craze to begin with, honestly. They're nice. I'm glad I can go on the internet wherever I want. But I don't fully grasp what the new GalaxyPhone Note Tablet Fire 7 does over the previous one.

But you're right. It is strange to me that people care about the device they play bejeweled on more than the device they can spend 8+ hours on per product. Maybe I just don't know what people actually do with their smart phones though. I never really participated in it honestly.

User Info: elbarto1

elbarto1
3 years ago#8
Because Apple.

I bought all 3 consoles because I'm awesome.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
(message deleted)

Hercular1
3 years ago#10
Hell, I think the vast majority of the public probably feels the PS4 costs too much as well, but then they'll go and drop $1200 on an Apple product and not bat an eye.

I think the game console makers have unintentionally undervalued their own products to much to their detriment.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why will people drop $500-$1200 at the drop of a hat on a new phone or tablet...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived