How do I background download updates and installs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How do I background download updates and installs?

User Info: Chanfan02

Chanfan02
3 years ago#1
I am about to go to Hobbit and I just got Forza so I want to download the update and install it while I'm gone. How do I install so my Xbox isn't fully on. I tried Standby mode before and it wouldn't keep downloading. Any help would be awesome!
XBL: Chanfan02
PSN: JChanfan

User Info: Special-Edd

Special-Edd
3 years ago#2
Standby mode should do it once the update starts to download. I know Forza's update is pretty large so it might take a decent amount of time to DL.
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One

User Info: Chanfan02

Chanfan02
3 years ago#3
Special-Edd posted...
Standby mode should do it once the update starts to download. I know Forza's update is pretty large so it might take a decent amount of time to DL.

The weird thing is, I never got an update for Forza. I installed and I played it right away. I heard there was supposed to be a 6gb update but I'm glad I didn't have to download it lol.
XBL: Chanfan02
PSN: JChanfan

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
3 years ago#4
You downloaded it as part of the install, most likely. It wouldn't let you play without it unless you've disconnected your console from the internet.

User Info: Lerp85

Lerp85
3 years ago#5
Chanfan02 posted...
Special-Edd posted...

The weird thing is, I never got an update for Forza. I installed and I played it right away. I heard there was supposed to be a 6gb update but I'm glad I didn't have to download it lol.

The updates for games, if available, downloads while installing.
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How do I background download updates and installs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived