X1 $15million sales, PS4 $16million sales

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. X1 $15million sales, PS4 $16million sales

User Info: billsfanno1

billsfanno1
3 years ago#1
Profits - unknown

The only numbers that really matter if you're a business or investor.

User Info: Rainy_David1

Rainy_David1
3 years ago#2
Profits Unknown would be a good movie title.

User Info: Cosmic_Diabetic

Cosmic_Diabetic
3 years ago#3
im guessing you just took 3 million x $500 and 4 million x $400. Am I in the ball park here?
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."

User Info: Majik25

Majik25
3 years ago#4
Probably almost no profit at all. Pretty much every system in video gaming history comes at a production cost loss, the money is in the games and hardware.
Xbox Live Gt - Majik518

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
3 years ago#5
Kinect 2.0 cost more than the xbone to R+D and manufacture (I wish I could remember who cited this, but it came from a Microsoft exec) so you need to cut at least 250$ profit off each Xbone sale, so it's 7.5 million vs 16 million at the baseline.

billsfanno1
3 years ago#6
Majik25 posted...
Probably almost no profit at all. Pretty much every system in video gaming history comes at a production cost loss, the money is in the games and hardware.

Agreed. Problem for Sony is that the attach rate is just over 2 games per console sold, including indies. That seems very low. Maybe it's just me, as I've already bought 11 games for my X1.

billsfanno1
3 years ago#7
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
im guessing you just took 3 million x $500 and 4 million x $400. Am I in the ball park here?

Yes. Trying to keep it simple while making a point that many seem to be missing.

User Info: RebelGameMaster

RebelGameMaster
3 years ago#8
Majik25 posted...

This. But that might be too much reality/truth for this board. Take that real talk somewhere else, cause in here we know that:

PS4 are sold at a loss and Sony makes money off games/hardware.

And Xbones are sold at a $450 profit even with Kinect costs, and that's nothing compared to the money the XBone will bring it once Titanfall drops.

Truf!
THE XBONE: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/576/502/388.jpg

User Info: Doukou

Doukou
3 years ago#9
billsfanno1 posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...

Yes. Trying to keep it simple while making a point that many seem to be missing.

Net profit is the only thing that matters
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg

User Info: TheBonfini

TheBonfini
3 years ago#10
Investors would also consider software sales. I think the console that sells more has a better chance of moving more software.
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. X1 $15million sales, PS4 $16million sales

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived