Those of you that can't tell a difference between 1080p and 720p

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Those of you that can't tell a difference between 1080p and 720p

User Info: Superman070776

Superman070776
3 years ago#81
Please let me borrow your special eyes so I can see the magical missing pixels!!!
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid

User Info: thehappiestEMO

thehappiestEMO
3 years ago#82
Superman070776 posted...
Please let me borrow your special eyes so I can see the magical missing pixels!!!

I lied. Its pretty plain when I set up the PS4 on the same monitor as the One. Even Ghosts looks better by a long shot. I am not trying to troll, I love my One, but it is what it is - not as sharp as the PS4.

They're both great systems, but after seeing what it looks like with native 1080p its definitely a major difference in clarity.
everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

User Info: SuigintouEV

SuigintouEV
3 years ago#83
there is a difference.

But I find most people who complain about it only do so because they have a really crappy 1080P TV with horrible onboard upscaling.

I definitely think 720P on either of my 1080P Panasonic Plasmas still looks fine. On the 46" Plasma there is basically no argument for a higher res. On the 65" you start to notice a bit of aliasing and upscaling blur but it's nothing that particularily bothers me.

But if given the choice, of course I want the source material to be as hi-res and hi-framerate as possible.
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II

User Info: scorpio man

scorpio man
3 years ago#84
cp91 posted...
I bought a PS4 on release day, and my wife got me an Xbox One for my 40th birthday (December 31).

My tv is a 60" Samsung that I sit about 8 feet from.

I bought Ghosts for the PS4 on launch day. The other night, after a little too much to drink, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and buy the same game on the Xbox One. Even though it wasn't my smartest financial decision, I do like the controller better :)

Anyways, the graphics: there is hardly any difference. I've spent almost 48 hours on the PS4 version, so I'm pretty sure I'm now familiar with both versions.

The biggest difference that I can see is that the Xbox version is just a tiny bit grainier. In all honesty, if I was walking into my basement with someone else playing Ghosts, I wouldn't be able to tell you which version was playing.

But I do like the controller better lol.

This^^ a honest sony user
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Those of you that can't tell a difference between 1080p and 720p

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived