The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Smart matchmaking: have you noticed a difference?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Smart matchmaking: have you noticed a difference?

User Info: Orange_Apples

Orange_Apples
3 years ago#1
So this was a feature that promised to determine your skill level and match you with players of similar skill. Have you noticed a more leveled playing field or is it pretty much the same as before?
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 years ago#2
In Ghosts, my K/D went up when I transitioned from 360 to One.

That could be server differences or any number of things, but it could suggest that matchmaking is either no better or actually worse.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: LEGEND_725

LEGEND_725
3 years ago#3
I never can tell because I'm too good that if it tried to match me with equal skill that would eliminate 99% of the player base
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE

User Info: Orange_Apples

Orange_Apples
3 years ago#4
Bump
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.

User Info: DeadlyKrueger

DeadlyKrueger
3 years ago#5
what happened to it can find a match in the background? while you watch tv or play single player?

User Info: bessy67

bessy67
3 years ago#6
DeadlyKrueger posted...
what happened to it can find a match in the background? while you watch tv or play single player?

I've had this in Peggle. I could play single player while it was searching for a multiplayer match.
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 years ago#7
bessy67 posted...
DeadlyKrueger posted...

I've had this in Peggle. I could play single player while it was searching for a multiplayer match.

I wish that I could queue in Battlefield and go play another game while waiting.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
3 years ago#8
Yes. When I play Ghosts on my PS4, I get stuck with people way better than me. On XBO, I get matched with people more on my level.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Smart matchmaking: have you noticed a difference?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived