Edge: Why "paymium" fundamentally compromises console game design

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Edge: Why "paymium" fundamentally compromises console game design

User Info: Aarkshark

Aarkshark
3 years ago#11
bob15x posted...
and if they lowered their budgets I guarantee people would find a way to complain.

...So? That's run of the mill. Customers don't know what they want until you offer it to them.
There's been studies on this.
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!

User Info: Pulp

Pulp
3 years ago#12
These freemium games are a blight on gaming. I think it's largely spurred on in the mobile sector, by non-gamers who get sucked into these things, like gambling, and end up paying tons. My hope...hope...is that it is a passing fad and everyone will wise up and stop supporting these obvious cash grab games.

If EVERYONE stops supporting this nonsense, it will go away.

Paymium is just a stupid term, but it simply highlights industry greed and how the concept hurts game design at large. And to the other poster - yes DLC is still an issue. Especially Day one DLC.

Expansions are and have always been fine.
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Edge: Why "paymium" fundamentally compromises console game design

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived