Games that deserve to be rebooted....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Games that deserve to be rebooted....

User Info: Ace_of_Dusk

Ace_of_Dusk
3 years ago#1
As the title suggests, what games do you believe deserve a second chance on this generation of consoles. Some of my picks include Mercenaries, Star Wars: Republic Commando, and Manhunt. I'm getting pretty bored with the same games being released all the time and so I figure, "Why not get the idea out there to spark peoples' interests." So on that note, what games would some of you like to see?
"MAN I LOVE THE CORPS!"- Sgt. Apone
Xbox Live GT: Ace of Dusk

User Info: Sycotic

Sycotic
3 years ago#2
I want a reboot of the NES game Déjà Vu, the one where you are a retired boxer that turns into a private eye. The game starts out with you waking up in a bathroom stall and have to figure things out. I would like to see it get properly done. But my luck they would throw in some zombies or some madness

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
3 years ago#3
Sycotic posted...
I want a reboot of the NES game Déjà Vu, the one where you are a retired boxer that turns into a private eye. The game starts out with you waking up in a bathroom stall and have to figure thifns out. I would like to see it get properly done. But my luck they would throw in some zombies or some madness

Holy mackeral! I forgot about that game until now. Thanks for the awesome memory!

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
3 years ago#4
There are lots of games that deserve a reboot.

Vampire: The Masquerade
System Shock
Star Wars: Jedi Knight series
Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights/Icewind Dale/various other D&D RPG's
Quake
Unreal Tournament

The problem is that when they get rebooted, the reboot is going to be dumbed down for the modern audience and mass market. The new Thief is a perfect example, as was Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Unreal Tournament III before it.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 years ago#5
PraetorXyn posted...
There are lots of games that deserve a reboot.

Vampire: The Masquerade
System Shock
Star Wars: Jedi Knight series
Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights/Icewind Dale/various other D&D RPG's
Quake
Unreal Tournament

The problem is that when they get rebooted, the reboot is going to be dumbed down for the modern audience and mass market. The new Thief is a perfect example, as was Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Unreal Tournament III before it.

Human Revolution was highly regarded.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: KID VID

KID VID
3 years ago#6
Seriously, I post the same answer in all these threads. I want Battletoads. Give me Battletoads, damn it!
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
3 years ago#7
KID VID posted...
Seriously, I post the same answer in all these threads. I want Battletoads. Give me Battletoads, damn it!

Same. Except my answer is always Rocket Knight!!! Give it now!

(That crappy recent one doesnt count)
Typing on a phone, so ignore all spelling mistakes. Damn autocorrect.

User Info: enigma2274

enigma2274
3 years ago#8
Resident Evil
Resident Evil
And Resident Evil
Playing: AC4, Forza 5, Madden 25, Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider DE
PS4 ID: enigma2288 Xbox One Gamertag: enigma2274

User Info: Ty5454

Ty5454
3 years ago#9
Gta 3 for sure
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: Double O Negro

Double O Negro
3 years ago#10
Def Jam Vendetta and Fight for NY
"Dont blame me, blame yourself or your God!!" -Delita(Final Fantasy Tactics)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Games that deserve to be rebooted....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived