Anyone else unable to justify $60 on last gen games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone else unable to justify $60 on last gen games?

User Info: TheCyborgNinja

TheCyborgNinja
3 years ago#1
I know the 360 (or PS3) systems are still getting new releases, and are perfectly fine. I just really can't throw $60 down on a game for a last gen system, even when it's something I want.
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
(message deleted)

User Info: Frost_LASER

Frost_LASER
3 years ago#3
Nope. I'm having a hard time justifying $60 on next gen games actually lol.

I'm very picky of my games and will only buy ones I know that I will enjoy or ones many of my friends love to play. I've yet to see any next gen game I really want right now.

User Info: 1nternationa7

1nternationa7
3 years ago#4
When your $60 goes into 5-6 hours of gameplay (*cough Ryse), I'd rather stay last gen and get my money's worth of 15-20 hours of gameplay.
Lords of Shadow 2 (02/25/2014) will be GoTY 2014 for PS3/360 and best H&S of the generation. Optional QTEs, 20 hours gameplay, epic story, and challenging!

User Info: userfrigginame

userfrigginame
3 years ago#5
Nah, that's pretty much how it's been for quite some time now, so not really. Anyway, games usually drop in price a month or two in anyway. I mean just look at the current gen games' prices after a few months.

User Info: TheCyborgNinja

TheCyborgNinja
3 years ago#6
What makes it brutal (feeling this way) is seeing stuff like DS2, LoS2, and Lightning Returns coming out, and just cringing at paying full price for a game on my old console. I'd rather put it towards pre-ordering far-off goods like Mad Max, etc.
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
3 years ago#7
josuna123 posted...
I can't justify paying $100 more on my conse for inferior multiplats.

But it has KINECT 2.0 with it!

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: 1nternationa7

1nternationa7
3 years ago#8
TheCyborgNinja posted...
What makes it brutal (feeling this way) is seeing stuff like DS2, LoS2, and Lightning Returns coming out, and just cringing at paying full price for a game on my old console. I'd rather put it towards pre-ordering far-off goods like Mad Max, etc.

Get DS2 and LoS2 on PC then. It'll look a lot more next gen and be cheaper as well. As for Lightning Returns, you can probably live without it.
Lords of Shadow 2 (02/25/2014) will be GoTY 2014 for PS3/360 and best H&S of the generation. Optional QTEs, 20 hours gameplay, epic story, and challenging!

User Info: StealthedGhost

StealthedGhost
3 years ago#9
I just buy my games off craigslist
Gamertag: II Agp II

User Info: Izanaml

Izanaml
3 years ago#10
Actually, I've never paid $60 on any game before. I've always waited for a sale.
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed.
After a long exile, The World has returned. Bear witness.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone else unable to justify $60 on last gen games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived