Should all games be required to have a demo or trial?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should all games be required to have a demo or trial?

User Info: vballlover

vballlover
3 years ago#1
Should all games be required to have a demo or trial - Results (21 votes)
Yes, I want to try a game before I buy it
42.86% (9 votes)
Yes, but only for Arcade Titles
14.29% (3 votes)
Meh, I usually just look up gameplay videos before I buy
19.05% (4 votes)
No, putting out a demo just delays a game's release and causes more pressure on developers.
14.29% (3 votes)
No, demos aren't indicative of the final game and are a waste of time
9.52% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just wanted to now everybody's opinion. Personally I think that more games on X1 should have some for of demo, most notably AC4, Ryse, and Forza. What are your thoughts?
LoL is an accelerated MMO. You pick a character, you grind mobs, do some PVP, end game comes 30-50 mins in and you raid baron or do 5vs5.
-FreshSushi 2013

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
3 years ago#2
Developers have to put time aside to make demos when they could work on the actual game. I just watch videos.
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30

User Info: ill-thoughts

ill-thoughts
3 years ago#3
usually from watching a vid, I can tell if ill like a game or not....but there are games that I wouldn't normally be interested in but I played the demo and went out and purchased the next day. I think all games should have Some sort of demo, even if its a small one.....it gives people who wouldn't normally be interested in your game a chance to be blown away by it.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should all games be required to have a demo or trial?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived