Anyone else hate the controller?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone else hate the controller?

User Info: TJ_UNLIMITED

TJ_UNLIMITED
3 years ago#1
The brief time I had a 360, the controller felt so comfortable in my hands. The xb1 controller is literally a pain sometimes. Pressing the L1 shoulder button (bumper or trigger, Idr what they call it) kinda hurts a bit, if that makes sense. I never had that problem with a controller other than the xb1 controller
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D

User Info: Sith Jedi

Sith Jedi
3 years ago#2
Let's see how long it takes for this topic to devolve into a huge flame war.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/

User Info: Troll_Directory

Troll_Directory
3 years ago#3
not even the worst controller i've ever used "hurt" my hands. that sounds like a medical issue.

User Info: TJ_UNLIMITED

TJ_UNLIMITED
3 years ago#4
Troll_Directory posted...
not even the worst controller i've ever used "hurt" my hands. that sounds like a medical issue.

Maybe if I had the same problem using other controllers, which I don't. Xb1 is far from the only controller with left shoulder buttons.
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D

User Info: johnnykev

johnnykev
3 years ago#5
Nope, I really like the controller. I didn't think anything would be more comfortable than the 360 controller, but the X1 controller is.
---
GT and PSN: johnnykev

User Info: Geist

Geist
3 years ago#6
I love it. Feels nice and light, great button lay out (I love the new bumbers being middle of the finger pushing), and the d-pad is finally fixed. So A+ for MS on the controller for me.
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!

User Info: backdown1234

backdown1234
3 years ago#7
I don't have the one yet but held the controller and didn't like the loose sticks. The ps4 and 360 are perfect and I have a converter that will let me use those.
GT: backdown448

User Info: assassin10133

assassin10133
3 years ago#8
backdown1234 posted...
I don't have the one yet but held the controller and didn't like the loose sticks. The ps4 and 360 are perfect and I have a converter that will let me use those.

I have 2 XB1 controllers and neither of them have loose sticks, was it a demo unit you tried?

Biggest gripe I had was with the bumpers, had a lot of mis-presses when I first started using it cuz you have to press them on the outside portion of the button but now that I'm adjusted to it I like the controller more than the 360s. Battery life also seems better.

User Info: Reflex-Arc

Reflex-Arc
3 years ago#9
I quite like the controller. It fits my hands very well. All of the frequently used buttons are placed logically and comfortably. The sticks offer a level of precision above that of it's predecessor, and the rumble features provide very cool feedback when utilized well.

I'm not calling the 360 controller a slouch, it was great, but the XBO pad is a significant improvement.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard

User Info: Pudgeisafish

Pudgeisafish
3 years ago#10
Troll_Directory posted...

The NES controller is the most uncomfortable controller I have ever used (a rectangle with square edged buttons!) but never once hurt my hands.

I agree with Directory, must be a medical condition.

PS4 and Xbox One controllers are the best yet. So comfy.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone else hate the controller?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived