I have had an X1 for a few months now...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I have had an X1 for a few months now...

User Info: TheMoonJumper

TheMoonJumper
3 years ago#21
Lerp85 posted...
XY12Burnz posted...
How have you had an Xbox One for a few months when it hasn't even been out a few months yet?

Some one needs to look up the word few I think.

To me "a few" typically means 3 or 4... while "a couple" would refer to 2...

that's just me though, I realize the definition of "few" can mean 2...
i5 4670K - MSI Z87 G45 - MSI GTX 770 2GB - 8GB Corsair Vengeance - Intel 520 128GB Cherryville SSD - 2TB Seagate HDD - H100i - 750w 80+ Gold

User Info: Lerp85

Lerp85
3 years ago#22
TheMoonJumper posted...
Lerp85 posted...
XY12Burnz posted...
How have you had an Xbox One for a few months when it hasn't even been out a few months yet?

This isn't an opinion kinda thing I am talking about definitions and meaning. People wanna make up there own definition to go by that's fine, but they shouldn't be getting on others for using a word properly.

Though he implied I needed to look up the definition so pretty sure he just don't know what he is talking about. That's why he hasn't responded.

On top of that it has been more than 2 months any way.
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.

User Info: ALegendaryNoob

ALegendaryNoob
3 years ago#23
TC bought ONE game (a multiplat at that) for his $500 system in two months time, and then claims that the PS4 has soo much more to offer over the XB1. If he had done any research on either console then he would know that neither console has much to offer in terms of games atm. The PS4 may have the better specs out of the two, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the better console a year or two from now. PS4 may have some cool games coming out for it, but I doubt that they will be very fun trying to play them on an unstable PSN that always gets hacked (even though you have to pay for it now). XB1 has some good games coming out as well, and even offers more than just gaming with its' system, and all though the UI and everything is rough around the edges, just give them a little bit of time to pump out a few updates and it will be comparable to the 360's (which took several updates to get to the point where it was good as well). Xbox Live overall is and has been far superior for online gaming than the PSN since the beginning (because we have been paying for it since the beginning). Both consoles bring their own stuff to the table. You just gotta focus on what's most important for you to get out of your console!
DS Friend Code: 2509 - 2496 - 6623 and Pokemon Y IGN: Robbie
XBL Gamer Tag: A LegendaryNoob

User Info: DojoMax

DojoMax
3 years ago#24
billsfanno1 posted...
It sounds like you both made a poor decision to buy into next gen so soon. Based on your story it seems PS4 would be even more boring.

This... and this is coming from someone who has had both...
stop trollin

User Info: DojoMax

DojoMax
3 years ago#25
Lerp85 posted...
TheMoonJumper posted...
Lerp85 posted...
XY12Burnz posted...

This isn't an opinion kinda thing I am talking about definitions and meaning. People wanna make up there own definition to go by that's fine, but they shouldn't be getting on others for using a word properly.

Though he implied I needed to look up the definition so pretty sure he just don't know what he is talking about. That's why he hasn't responded.

On top of that it has been more than 2 months any way.

I figure few can mean 1 or 2 if you're implying something is very little, e.g.: "The release of games for next gen consoles are far and few between." Where as if you're implying quantity, e.g.:"I have a few dollars I can loan you" would typically mean 3 or more.
stop trollin

User Info: AdelaineV

AdelaineV
3 years ago#26
xacebop posted...
There is a lack of games on both consoles. You'd be in the same spot if u had gotten the ps4 first. The reason I chose ps4 was because I knew it would have a slower start then the xbone but it will be a better purchase in the end.

No matter what you do you will still be an indecisive person who has no patience. Swapping consoles won't fix that. If I was you I'd still get the ps4 because its better in almost every way

My husband and I are sony die-hards, but to be fair, we're in the same boat about the PS4. Severe lack of games since only AC4 was interesting to us. He plays on the PS4 once a week, maybe. (Our little girl loves the playroom robots, but that doesn't count, does it?). We knew this going in, however. The console is an investment. Games will come later.

If you trade in your XboxOne now, I think you'll just find yourself in the same situation with the PS4. Most of the triple A's are multiplatform anyway, and the differences aren't enough to justify switching, imo.

Ah, free games with PS+. There's usually a good indie out each month. That's a reason to switch, but only if indies are your thing. Otherwise I'd recommend you just wait it out with the XboxOne. No reason to switch now, and you can always decide to switch later if you see a must-have exclusive.

User Info: Stabs2503

Stabs2503
3 years ago#27
get Dead Rising 3, just got XB1 last weekend and I am having a blast with this game plus Titanfall less than a month away, also Thief later this month.
MAINSTREAM'D
3DS FC (Stabs): 2964-8667-8190

User Info: RS_YELARAKA

RS_YELARAKA
3 years ago#28
Maybe next time do some research before you buy.
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Te7qOd5Go

User Info: cheezedadada

cheezedadada
3 years ago#29
Sorry to tell you man, but the Xbox One and the PS4 are in the same position right now with games. Both of them have only been out for a couple of months and it takes time. If you expected to be fully entertained on a brand new console, then this is your first console launch.

Go buy a PS4 if you want. I have an Xbox One and I love it, but I am also buying a PS4. I think anyone who sells a console is going to regret it, but do what makes you happy.
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
FINALLY got my Xbox One! PS4 soon. Add me.

User Info: liquidblue4

liquidblue4
3 years ago#30
traskman posted...
I need a reason to keep it. I haven't watched any updates on the PS4 for a month and just saw how much more is available and how much better it looks and works. I am so sick of not even knowing which day the Marketplace updates since there are no updates to find in games or apps.
"Wait for a few months for games to come out." "It is early, there is no telling."

hahahahaha that's really a good one. "much more available" yep. the console with less games, exclusives, and upcoming games has much more available. you're going to be waiting for "more than a few months" for your precious PS4 games.

also, you claim to have owned xbox before. then you know that the main marketplace updates are on tuesday.
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I have had an X1 for a few months now...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived