Wtf microsoft

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Wtf microsoft

User Info: truepenfold

truepenfold
3 years ago#1
I'm on virgin media and I have a Xbox One, PS4 and PS3 and for some reason Microsoft has put some messed up firewall on their new console which is very finicky with its NAT. I was open for a month just after getting my Xbox1 on uk launch and now all of a sudden I'm struggling to keep an open nat for more than a few days even tho I have made it a static ip and placed the static ip into my dmz. For some reason my nat type keeps going from open to strict automatically. I have tried everything I've even phoned both virgin and Microsoft and even tried multiple routers. Any ideas as it's beginning to really annoy me
XBL GT/PSN ID: Penfoldius
"always outnumbered, never outgunned"

User Info: Orange_Apples

Orange_Apples
3 years ago#2
the other consoles have no problem?
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.

User Info: TrickyPony

TrickyPony
3 years ago#3
I did the same thing as you and my NAT has been open since. I have a linksys E2500

User Info: truepenfold

truepenfold
3 years ago#4
Nope ps3 and ps4 are both type 2 and cod ghosts and ac4 all open too
XBL GT/PSN ID: Penfoldius
"always outnumbered, never outgunned"

User Info: DVent

DVent
3 years ago#5
I am not sure if this will help you but I heard if you put your system on a guest account that it can resolve NAT problems. Never really understood NAT other than the fact that on some games on 360 I could never host a game because of it. I tried in the past to open ports, but it was a little over my head to understand.
XBOX 360 GT - DVent360

User Info: Spetsnaz420

Spetsnaz420
3 years ago#6
I heard there was a bug with the X1 and standby for certain people... Try fully powering down the xbox and restart.

Good luck and let us know if/how this gets resolved.
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?

User Info: Neutron15

Neutron15
3 years ago#7
download the new update
I WISH AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY BECOMES FINAL FANTASY XVI

User Info: Keven_Koopa

Keven_Koopa
3 years ago#8
I've had the exact same problem with my xbox one. I'm getting increasingly frustrated with this console! I NEVER have this problem on my PS4!
And Samus takes off the Zero Suit to reveal that Samus is indeed male, just looks female.

User Info: RaRitsujun

RaRitsujun
3 years ago#9
Say hello to MS!
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 43 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.

User Info: _SCOTSLAD

_SCOTSLAD
3 years ago#10
I am with virgin as well, got no problems here.

I don't use a static however I do reserve ip's on the modem and have UpNp on, for my xbox and leave the console on auto.

What's your setup ? Have you upgraded your stuff from virgin ? I mean got rid of the modem and router, switched to the super hub ?
"I just heard a *FUMP* sound, like that of a billion fanboy heads exploding in unison."
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Wtf microsoft

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived