Do You Think the Xbox One Will Ever Appeal to Non-Gamers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do You Think the Xbox One Will Ever Appeal to Non-Gamers?

User Info: scoobydoobydont

scoobydoobydont
3 years ago#11
I know of two people already who fit this. Only games they play are mobile, they wanted Xbox Fitness, Netflix and one of them actually thought it was a DVR (but is keeping it anyway after finding out it isn't). Casuals and non-gamers aren't the ones who have a poor view of Xbone, for now they mostly don't know about it or don't care to pay $500 for the features.
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith

User Info: RaRitsujun

RaRitsujun
3 years ago#12
SampsonM posted...
Clearly, that's what Microsoft is going for -- they want this thing to sell not just to gamers, but to non-gamers as well.

I think the Kinect voice commands need to improve significantly and the cost has to come down mightily (under $300) for that to happen. Plus they need to get more content companies on board and release some quality original programming outside of a Halo show.

In other words, I could see it happening maybe 3-4 years down the line.

It IS appealing to non-gamers.
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 44 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.

User Info: Sed

Sed
3 years ago#13
scoobydoobydont posted...
I know of two people already who fit this. Only games they play are mobile, they wanted Xbox Fitness, Netflix and one of them actually thought it was a DVR (but is keeping it anyway after finding out it isn't). Casuals and non-gamers aren't the ones who have a poor view of Xbone, for now they mostly don't know about it or don't care to pay $500 for the features.

Who would buy a $500 DVR....

Where are you from? I need to make sure I never go there.
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do You Think the Xbox One Will Ever Appeal to Non-Gamers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived