XBox One media remote; Kinectless SKU incoming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. XBox One media remote; Kinectless SKU incoming?

User Info: Sakurafanboy

Sakurafanboy
3 years ago#1
http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-one-media-remote

If this means Microsoft is dropping the Kinect (which would be a great E3 announcement) and lowering the price to compete with PS4, things could really heat up. I know it'd make me buy an XBox One if I can get it for $400.

I'm sure Microsoft has plenty of huge announcements to make at E3 and this would just make it all the much sweeter.
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)

User Info: Juzten76

Juzten76
3 years ago#2
Sakurafanboy posted...
http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-one-media-remote

If this means Microsoft is dropping the Kinect (which would be a great E3 announcement) and lowering the price to compete with PS4, things could really heat up. I know it'd make me buy an XBox One if I can get it for $400.

I'm sure Microsoft has plenty of huge announcements to make at E3 and this would just make it all the much sweeter.

I think a kinectless version should still come with a mic built in for voice commands. It's very useful.

User Info: cheezedadada

cheezedadada
3 years ago#3
From that link, I am reading that this controller is used through the kinect itself. So its not a replacement..
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.

User Info: bessy67

bessy67
3 years ago#4
cheezedadada posted...
From that link, I am reading that this controller is used through the kinect itself. So its not a replacement..

Yeah, doesn't seem all that useful without kinect.

The Media Remote can also control TV/Receiver power and volume through Kinect, which uses IR blasting to send signals to your TV and/or receiver.
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67

User Info: regsantotomas

regsantotomas
3 years ago#5
Yeah, if nothing else, this re-emphasizes that Kinect will be around for a while. It requires Kinect to work.
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego

User Info: Geist

Geist
3 years ago#6
Just buy it already! Stop wishing for price cuts and just go buy it if you want it so much.
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. XBox One media remote; Kinectless SKU incoming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived