Discs not reading exactly the first time? Is this a thing?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Discs not reading exactly the first time? Is this a thing?

User Info: quigonzel

quigonzel
3 years ago#1
Put a Blu-Ray in to watch and it took it about 8 tries to work.

Put in various Blu-Ray discs and they worked the first time. Put FIFA in, it took it 2 tries.

User Info: snowboard340

snowboard340
3 years ago#2
Try a hard reset of your console.

If that doesn't change anything, try uninstalling and re-installing the blu-ray app.

User Info: extanker

extanker
3 years ago#3
If it's just blu-rays causing it, it is probably just the player app. If it's all discs, it might be the drive. I was having the same problem and MS is sending me a replacement console. To their credit, I was on the phone for less than 20 minutes and I was done. I've had really good experiences with their customer service department.

User Info: xiTz_RyaNx

xiTz_RyaNx
3 years ago#4
extanker posted...
If it's just blu-rays causing it, it is probably just the player app. If it's all discs, it might be the drive. I was having the same problem and MS is sending me a replacement console. To their credit, I was on the phone for less than 20 minutes and I was done. I've had really good experiences with their customer service department.

How is the whole replacement process working if you don't mind me asking? Are they sending you a replacement console first and then you'll return yours? Or did they send you a package to send your Xbone back and then sending you one?
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
What you think is broken with a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it. Jack of Blades > All.

User Info: extanker

extanker
3 years ago#5
Once you set it up to be replaced, they offer you two choices.

1. You send it in and wait for a replacement. From what I understood, you have to cover the shipping cost to send it back.

2. You give them a credit card and they put a hold on $500. They send you a replacement console and a box to return your old one. Once they receive the busted one, they release the hold on the credit card. You don't have to pay for anything. This is what I did when my Kinect crapped out and I had no problems.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Discs not reading exactly the first time? Is this a thing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived