MS: Kinect-less sku unlikely

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. MS: Kinect-less sku unlikely

User Info: gogogodzilla

gogogodzilla
3 years ago#21
TBONE_OG posted...
IloveElite posted...
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
The motion and voice control technology is "absolutely integral to Xbox One," Microsoft says.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kinect-less-xbox-one-doesn-t-sound-very-likely/1100-6417933/

Then I will never buy one.. their loss

More like YOUR loss. Kinect is awesome.

Bring on Kinect Sports Rivals.

Well, between the three of us, Microsoft is out $1000.

Factor that out to the rest of the gaming community and you see Microsoft out a massive amount of money.

Then factor in all the games that won't be sold to those potential consoles over this generation's gaming cycle.

And Microsoft will be out quite a lot of money.

Which is good in your mind. And it's good in mine, too.

(albeit, for different reasons)
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"

User Info: MastaMugen

MastaMugen
3 years ago#22
Sorry but the b******* about why the kinect is not needed is getting overboard. Don't you realize that without knowing everyone has a kinect, Developer's would not take full advantage of it? That it will be just like V.1 Kinect? like other's have said, we are 3 month's in, give it time. In all seriousness, in order for the kinect to be a success every Xbox one need's to have it. That way dev's will want to do special thing's with it. Some people play game's for immersion, kinect could do that really well with time.
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml

User Info: lunchbox2042

lunchbox2042
3 years ago#23
MastaMugen posted...
Sorry but the b******* about why the kinect is not needed is getting overboard. Don't you realize that without knowing everyone has a kinect, Developer's would not take full advantage of it? That it will be just like V.1 Kinect? like other's have said, we are 3 month's in, give it time. In all seriousness, in order for the kinect to be a success every Xbox one need's to have it. That way dev's will want to do special thing's with it. Some people play game's for immersion, kinect could do that really well with time.

Third party devs don't have a reason to make exclusive features for their multiplatform games. The only games that would take advantage of it fully would be exclusives.

User Info: hakmiya

hakmiya
3 years ago#24
integral - necessary to make a whole complete; essential or fundamental.

"Xbox Corporate Vice President Marc Whitten revealed that Xbox One owners will be able to use all of the console's core functions regardless of whether the new Kinect sensor is connected."

They must being looking for backlash because they are insulting our intelligence.
"Modern PC gamers are like Jehovah's witnesses. They keep knocking on doors to remind the world they still exist."-Bellum_Sacrum

User Info: BTM4444

BTM4444
3 years ago#25
I've always said they will never come out with a kinect less xbox one. They built the xbox one with the kinect in mind the whole time and you can totally tell that when you use it.

There would be no way they would commit to it that much and then get rid of it.

I like this because they know every buyer will have one and will do some very creative stuff with it. Really looking forward to se what Microsoft has in store in the future for kinect!
I'm a Proud Xbox One Owner :)
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!

User Info: skermac

skermac
3 years ago#26
BTM4444 posted...
I've always said they will never come out with a kinect less xbox one. They built the xbox one with the kinect in mind the whole time and you can totally tell that when you use it.

I like this because they know every buyer will have one and will do some very creative stuff with it. Really looking forward to se what Microsoft has in store in the future for kinect!

But the should have a console with an optional Kinect. Let people choose to have it or not, don't force it on those that don't want it.
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: BTM4444

BTM4444
3 years ago#27
skermac posted...
BTM4444 posted...

But the should have a console with an optional Kinect. Let people choose to have it or not, don't force it on those that don't want it.

If they don't want it, they don't have to use it. Simple as that. If they have a problem with that, find a used one without it or don't buy the console.
I'm a Proud Xbox One Owner :)
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!

User Info: Enclave

Enclave
3 years ago#28
BTM4444 posted...
skermac posted...
BTM4444 posted...

If they don't want it, they don't have to use it. Simple as that. If they have a problem with that, find a used one without it or don't buy the console.

That's just it, I won't buy the console while it has kinect bundled in it, I'm not paying for that ridiculous peripheral and I don't buy consoles used unless they're discontinued.

If Microsoft wants my purchase they need to make a Kinectless SKU. I don't have a problem with the system, not since all the 180's MS pulled after their reveal, however kinect is a sticking point for me and for others.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.

User Info: CKnight

CKnight
3 years ago#29
lunchbox2042 posted...
MastaMugen posted...

Third party devs don't have a reason to make exclusive features for their multiplatform games. The only games that would take advantage of it fully would be exclusives.

Didn't 3rd party devs make exclusive features for the Sixaxis with some games? Yes.

The fact that it's there with every console is incentive for devs to explore it and add features here and there.

But overall Kinect will never be a main gaming focus, I think most who enjoy the Kinect features don't expect it to change gaming but maybe enhance use of the console outside of gaming and add a splash or immersiveness here and there with some smart use like Dead Rising 3.
XBL and PSN - CKnight082

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
3 years ago#30
I really hope that they offer a Kinect-less console so that I can buy Xbox One.
Rest in Peace, Harold Ramis (1944-2014)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. MS: Kinect-less sku unlikely

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived