Do I lose everything if I uninstall games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do I lose everything if I uninstall games?

User Info: Ordained_Killer

Ordained_Killer
3 years ago#1
I'm currently up to 11 titles on my Xbox One. With everything installed, I currently sit at 83% used, so I decided to uninstall 7 of them and kept only 4 on the system. I didn't think about it until after I did so that I might have taken the risk of losing my saves. Do you take that risk, or if I go back and reinstall it at a later time, will the saves and setting still be there?

I can't seem to find the game saves on my system anymore, so it's hard for me to know whether I've lost everything, or they just don't show up since I uninstalled the games.

Thanks.
Call of Duty killed the shooter.

User Info: CRASS5000

CRASS5000
3 years ago#2
game saves are apparently stored on the cloud, so you should be ok; but I haven't tested it.
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*

User Info: Ordained_Killer

Ordained_Killer
3 years ago#3
CRASS5000 posted...
game saves are apparently stored on the cloud, so you should be ok; but I haven't tested it.

Hmmm, I may have to try reinstalling a game later. Thanks, I'll repost the outcome for future reference.
Call of Duty killed the shooter.

User Info: xTeKNiQuEx

xTeKNiQuEx
3 years ago#4
Install is just the game itself. You don't lose saves when you uninstall a game.
XBL - AyeYoTeK, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12

User Info: todo0714

todo0714
3 years ago#5
You won't lose your game save. I got a new console and when I reinstalled Forza and Ryse it downloaded my saves from the cloud.

User Info: cre8nhavoc

cre8nhavoc
3 years ago#6
todo0714 posted...
You won't lose your game save. I got a new console and when I reinstalled Forza and Ryse it downloaded my saves from the cloud.

That's cool
Gaming is a pause on reality.

User Info: SteelTooth

SteelTooth
3 years ago#7
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
Install is just the game itself. You don't lose saves when you uninstall a game.

This, I uninstalled AC 4 after beating it then redownloaded it when I got Freedom Cry, and my save was still intact.
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg

User Info: Team_Ninja

Team_Ninja
3 years ago#8
First useful thing the cloud has offered thus far.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do I lose everything if I uninstall games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived