"Kinect not plugged in" is what my Xbone is trying to claim.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. "Kinect not plugged in" is what my Xbone is trying to claim.

User Info: GOSFreak

GOSFreak
3 years ago#1
But it is plugged in, I haven't unplugged it since I got the system. And I was using it just a few minutes ago as well. But now the kinect is "unplugged." Any thoughts on how to fix this? I have disconnected the kinect and reconnected it and also have restarted the system. Still it says it is not connected when it physically is.
../|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_ http://dvdfone.dvdaf.com/owned
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
3 years ago#2
If a hard reset doesn't work call up support, you're getting another kinect, its bad.
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30

User Info: GOSFreak

GOSFreak
3 years ago#3
../|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_ http://dvdfone.dvdaf.com/owned
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,

User Info: Apex-Player

Apex-Player
3 years ago#4
GOSFreak posted...

Be honest, you at least half expected needing to send for repair this gen.
PSN/ Comfort_Cat

User Info: Uproar2099

Uproar2099
3 years ago#5
Yeah unfortunately your Kinect is probably dead. Mine died on 2/13. I ordered an advanced exchange by putting in my credit card information for M$ to put a hold on my card. That was on 2/13... almost a month later and 4 different conversations with support, still no Kinect.

I'm not the only one in this boat either so unfortunately you're probably going to be without your Kinect for a while. Sorry man, hopefully the hard reset works for you because otherwise you'll need to start getting used to your Xbox without it's Kinect functionality.
GT: Uproar2099
When I was asked to declare my dependents for taxes, I declared three... my wife, my kids, and my government.

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
3 years ago#6
This is why I don't buy consoles at launch.
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.

User Info: LBTHETRUTH

LBTHETRUTH
3 years ago#7
Yeah, same situation here. Kinect bricked on 2/13 and still not received. This is actually a huge issue I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention.

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
3 years ago#8
2 of you on 2/13, almost makes you wonder if something glitches on live and did this. Just coincidence I know but it is odd. Seems like the kinect is a issue more then the system though, I don't use mine other then to let my kids skype with.
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30

User Info: LBTHETRUTH

LBTHETRUTH
3 years ago#9
Mine could have actually been broke day 1. With my set up the kinect is unusable because of the short cable. I finally pulled it out the box to test the Tv option. Doesn't power up at all.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. "Kinect not plugged in" is what my Xbone is trying to claim.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived