Can I use Kinect as a microphone for xbox live ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can I use Kinect as a microphone for xbox live ?

User Info: Keybored123

Keybored123
3 years ago#1
Listening through in game audio through my headphones and I'm trying to talk through kinect but nothing happens. It will pick up things I say like Xbox on or whatever but I cant get it to work as a mic on XBL. Feels like it should be possible and its even there checked in the settings but I just cant get it to work.

If it isn't possible what are the alternatives ?

User Info: CRASS5000

CRASS5000
3 years ago#2
it is possible, but please turn down your TV so the rest of the lobby doesn't have to hear feedback. You can adjust the microphone/kinect preferences in the settings menu.
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*

User Info: cOnFrOnTaTiOn

cOnFrOnTaTiOn
3 years ago#3
Yes you can.
Quad Core i7-860@2.80GHz | 8GB Dual Channel DDR3@1333MHz | GTX 560 Ti 1GB | 1TB - 7200RPM | 55" XVT554SV 1080P | Windows 7 Premium 64Bit

User Info: rgw

rgw
3 years ago#4
I almost always mute people using the kinect...there is just hardly anyway to avoid the ambient noise factor without playing with no speaker volume in a dead quiet room.
rgw
--

User Info: CRASS5000

CRASS5000
3 years ago#5
rgw posted...
I almost always mute people using the kinect...there is just hardly anyway to avoid the ambient noise factor without playing with no speaker volume in a dead quiet room.

yeah, me too. What I really wanted to say was "it's possible, but please don't"; but that isn't very helpful.
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*

User Info: bLiNdSnIpErZ20

bLiNdSnIpErZ20
3 years ago#6
rgw posted...

I mute and report them for voice communication
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.

User Info: Ironman06

Ironman06
3 years ago#7
I used Kinect with my speakers turned all the way down when I was wearing headphones. It's pretty much the only way I know of to totally get rid of the ambient noise.

User Info: Keybored123

Keybored123
3 years ago#8
yes I would be using headphones but if it sucks Ill think of something else

User Info: rollingdead

rollingdead
3 years ago#9
I was playing BF4 earlier with the sounds of someones baby crying and screaming . so many people forget to mute the kinect .
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can I use Kinect as a microphone for xbox live ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived