Play To instructions?? Do I need to have anything open on my Xbone first?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Play To instructions?? Do I need to have anything open on my Xbone first?

User Info: Mech_Battalion

Mech_Battalion
2 years ago#1
I can't get playto to work. I have a playlist I am trying to stream to my xbox. I am using WMP and every time I click PlayTo it fails.

The xbox is listed in my devices I can stream to, my pc see's the xbox and its IP, I can ping it. My xbox has the play to feature enabled.

So where am I going wrong? Do I need to have an app open on my xbox? I have music and video installed, but it doesn't work when they are open or closed.

The error I am getting is "Device is not responding"

My firewall is off, I have my xbox plugged directly into my router and my pc is wireless. I am able to stream to every other device (Ps3, 360, phone) but the xbox one is just not working.

User Info: bengab0y0

bengab0y0
2 years ago#2
Try loading Xbox Video (its the app that you'll be playing to anyway), then restarting your computer

User Info: Mech_Battalion

Mech_Battalion
2 years ago#3
Start xbox video (even if I am playing music? or should I start xbox music?) then reboot my computer and then play to?

Didn't work either way...
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Play To instructions?? Do I need to have anything open on my Xbone first?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived