The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Can you tell the difference between 30FPS and 60 FPS? Interesting test inside !

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can you tell the difference between 30FPS and 60 FPS? Interesting test inside !

User Info: LostOdyssey17

LostOdyssey17
3 years ago#11
Im glad im a gamer that has never noticed, so junk like this doesnt bug me. Lol@youguys.
I like to think I make some pretty good topics and posts, until they get modded shortly after.

User Info: SADMZ

SADMZ
3 years ago#12
Well, that certainly is an interesting test...

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
3 years ago#13
what's sad is that a lot of people won't realize this is meant to be a joke
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg

User Info: crucial

crucial
3 years ago#14
In FPS yes I can tell big time and it makes a big difference,but in 3rd person games,action games and even fighting games I can not tell the difference that much,imo its only needed for MP type games like CoD and BF but SP games I am fine with 30fps.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
3 years ago#15
It makes a huge difference in fighters. The reason you might not be able to tell though, is because everyone I can think of runs at 60 FPS.

I know there's one or two that don't, but I can't recall them at the moment.
My sig. Please don't mark it as being offensive.

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
3 years ago#16
This is obviously a joke in case anyone was seriously wondering. Framerate has nothing whatsoever to do with crushed blacks or artificial sharpening. It is possible for a game with motion blur to look sharper in a screenshot taken a 60fps as opposed to 30fps though since there's less of a difference between each frame and therefore less blur necessary to have the action meet up with the previous frame. Here's a real test though.

http://30vs60fps.com/

User Info: aszsith

aszsith
3 years ago#17
LOL at a framerate argument that is "won" with still images. What's next? A resolution argument with audio only?
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.

User Info: prozac786

prozac786
3 years ago#18
aszsith posted...
LOL at a framerate argument that is "won" with still images. What's next? A resolution argument with audio only?

Well I was about to prove how 1440p looks the same as 1080p on my HDTV.
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x

User Info: Darksta

Darksta
3 years ago#19
Got them all right. Still a toke jopic.
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didnt.
Erica Jong

User Info: suzukimatsui

suzukimatsui
3 years ago#20
Yea you can tell... Well at least for me. Been playing new Yakuza on PS4 which is at a steady 60fps and there is a huge difference from the previous iterations
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can you tell the difference between 30FPS and 60 FPS? Interesting test inside !

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived