Can you use any regular pair of headphones/ear buds with the headset adapter?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can you use any regular pair of headphones/ear buds with the headset adapter?

User Info: ChibiSonikku

ChibiSonikku
3 years ago#1
For example, if I use my casual stereo headphones that I use for other things like my 3DS, and the Kinect for a mic, would that be a viable setup? Would I be able to hear my game through the headphones, and at the same time be heard by others through the Kinect?
Gamertag: Ventace
3DS FC: 5086 0677 3633

User Info: Rancid_Skank

Rancid_Skank
3 years ago#2
Technically that will work, but you're not going to get the best sound quality from it. I tested a pair of iPod earbuds and whilst passable, it's not exactly a great experience.
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK

User Info: tubb311

tubb311
3 years ago#3
i don't know about everyone else, i generally hate people that use the kinect as a mic. I know some people might have no other option(even though a mic comes with the system), but i don't care to hear every little sound in your entire home.
GT: DonShetland

User Info: eegore8a

eegore8a
3 years ago#4
I use my beats with the cable with the mic. Idk how well I sound but the audio I get is great!

User Info: ChibiSonikku

ChibiSonikku
3 years ago#5
tubb311 posted...
i don't know about everyone else, i generally hate people that use the kinect as a mic. I know some people might have no other option(even though a mic comes with the system), but i don't care to hear every little sound in your entire home.

Yeah, I know. At first I thought using the Kinect like that was gonna be awesome, but then I started thinking about all the other noises it's going to pick up. That's an inconvenience to everyone.
Gamertag: Ventace
3DS FC: 5086 0677 3633
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can you use any regular pair of headphones/ear buds with the headset adapter?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived