The human eye is incapable of reliably distinguishing any detail finer than 720p

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The human eye is incapable of reliably distinguishing any detail finer than 720p

User Info: Reece504

Reece504
3 years ago#51
BaconPancakes posted...
*Facepalms through my face and goes through my wall and lands in a McDonald's.

I laughed and farted at the same time good one
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez

User Info: Mr Bump

Mr Bump
3 years ago#52
skermac posted...
Forget 1080p and 4k, heres proof.

The resolution of our eyes is 12 vertical lines per arc angle (one line per arcminute for 20/20 acuity) times 2. Now 28 degrees x 12 lines x 2 = 672. This means we really can't see a display component (pixel) smaller than 1/672 x image width. Our minimum resolvable element size is about 0.065", or about twice the size of the pixels of the WXGA image! Put bluntly, from 8 feet away while watching a 50 inch plasma TV, the human eye is generally incapable of reliably distinguishing any detail finer than that shown on a true 720p display!

http://www.audioholics.com/hdtv-formats/1080p-and-the-acuity-of-human-vision/understanding-1080p-resolution-in-displays.html

Wow, just wow. Reassurance much?

I sit 14' from a 120" screen and I can CLEARLY tell the difference between 720 and 1080p - it's like night and day.
My games room: http://imgur.com/a/CA2yz XBL: Mister Bump PSN: Mr_BumpNZ
Yes, I have a 4 digit User ID and a space in my name. Yes I'm that old. >_<

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
3 years ago#53
Aside from this being incorrect, it seems like everything you said is based on the assumption of 20/20 vision. People can actually have better than 20/20.
PSN: TheUndying84

User Info: wh0_kn0ws

wh0_kn0ws
3 years ago#54
Reece504 posted...
BaconPancakes posted...

see, this topic was good for something
it's simple. just be nice.

User Info: Heracylost

Heracylost
3 years ago#55
Another soft spot, you guys are gonna get bruses kicking yourselves.

User Info: gobuffalo30

gobuffalo30
3 years ago#56
Reece504 posted...
BaconPancakes posted...

So you larted?

User Info: skermac

skermac
3 years ago#57
Caanimal posted...
Wait, wait, wait, hold on a minute.... Sooooo HDTV is a load of bull and everything over 720p is worthless and irrelevant....

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

Wow, some peoples...

yes!
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: xfri123

xfri123
3 years ago#58
skermac posted...
Forget 1080p and 4k, heres proof.

The resolution of our eyes is 12 vertical lines per arc angle (one line per arcminute for 20/20 acuity) times 2. Now 28 degrees x 12 lines x 2 = 672. This means we really can't see a display component (pixel) smaller than 1/672 x image width. Our minimum resolvable element size is about 0.065", or about twice the size of the pixels of the WXGA image! Put bluntly, from 8 feet away while watching a 50 inch plasma TV, the human eye is generally incapable of reliably distinguishing any detail finer than that shown on a true 720p display!

http://www.audioholics.com/hdtv-formats/1080p-and-the-acuity-of-human-vision/understanding-1080p-resolution-in-displays.html

Xbone 720p. You can't compare the difference of 720p and 1080p you are the one of stupid people.
Lets Play :D

User Info: tadmfpole

tadmfpole
3 years ago#59
I really can't tell if this is a joke topic or not.
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned

User Info: ghostemp77

ghostemp77
3 years ago#60
I can tell the between 720p and 1080p in movies and television shows, but not video games.

Does that count?
XBL/PSN: DragonGhost2461 3DS FC: 2380 - 2356 - 0444
Can't believe gamers want consoles to be a one system party.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The human eye is incapable of reliably distinguishing any detail finer than 720p

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived