Does anyone use the watch TV through your xbox on your TV feature?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Does anyone use the watch TV through your xbox on your TV feature?

User Info: Pigfarts

Pigfarts
3 years ago#1
MS was staying how great this is but does anyone actually use it. Can you use your Xb1 like a DVR or something? What added benefits does it bring?
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
(message deleted)

User Info: jellybeanmaster

jellybeanmaster
3 years ago#3
Tried using it but it didnt work. Kept freezing n always lost connection. Havent looked back. Use my box for games neway...when i had gold:(
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,

User Info: heffley19

heffley19
3 years ago#4
Pigfarts posted...
MS was staying how great this is but does anyone actually use it. Can you use your Xb1 like a DVR or something? What added benefits does it bring?

I use it all the time, I have DirecTv and have my whole set up through Xbox One. When I say "Xbox Turn Off" it turns my Xbox, Tv, Sound Bar, and DirecTV off. Very handy.
HUGH HEFF (Xbox GT-Heffley)

User Info: Pigfarts

Pigfarts
3 years ago#5
Do you know if it can function as a DVR? Sorta pointless to me since my man cave has a computer screen on my coffee table next to my couch. but still a nice feature to people without a dvr.
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.

User Info: 0PTICS

0PTICS
3 years ago#6
I don't like how I need to turn the X1 on to watch TV. It has actually limited my TV watching use.

I do like how I can just say "Xbox watch *insert station*" anytime without having to grab/find the remote. Plus, I don't have my channels memorized.

User Info: lninjasonicl

lninjasonicl
3 years ago#7
No, I have 2 TVs side by side, one for gaming one for shows
In High School I was voted most appropriate.

heffley19
3 years ago#8
Pigfarts posted...
Do you know if it can function as a DVR? Sorta pointless to me since my man cave has a computer screen on my coffee table next to my couch. but still a nice feature to people without a dvr.

I just record through my DirecTv, so I don't know if that is any different but DVR for DirecTV works.

User Info: Lawboy2

Lawboy2
3 years ago#9
heffley19 posted...
Pigfarts posted...

I use it all the time, I have DirecTv and have my whole set up through Xbox One. When I say "Xbox Turn Off" it turns my Xbox, Tv, Sound Bar, and DirecTV off. Very handy.

This plus u can get msgs from ppl that are online...so like if one of ur buddies pops on u can easily just switch to the game and that's a huge plus

heffley19
3 years ago#10
Lawboy2 posted...
heffley19 posted...
Pigfarts posted...

This plus u can get msgs from ppl that are online...so like if one of ur buddies pops on u can easily just switch to the game and that's a huge plus

Yeah, people need to learn how to use the Xbox One before they bash it. It has some great features and capabilities.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Does anyone use the watch TV through your xbox on your TV feature?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived