Can't Decide on what to get (Forza 5 season pass, Thief, or Tomb Raider)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can't Decide on what to get (Forza 5 season pass, Thief, or Tomb Raider)

User Info: Flatline05

Flatline05
3 years ago#1
So the three items I mentioned in the title, I keep going back and forth on which I want to get.
I've been eyeing the season pass for FM5 since it launched, but the price is steep at $50.
Thief and Tomb Raider are on sale for $30 this weekend as a download.
I've already played/beat Tomb Raider on 360 but wouldn't mind playing it again with updated graphics and more achievements.
Thief looks interesting but has gotten average/below average reviews.
Looking for inputs/opinions on these three items, looking to buy one today.
GT: Rollinstone24, PSN: Rollinstone24

User Info: Gambitbuzzkill

Gambitbuzzkill
3 years ago#2
I would go with Tomb Raider if you have not played it yet.
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66

User Info: velvet_hammer

velvet_hammer
3 years ago#3
Was going to say TR but you already played it. So none?

IMHO get MGS GZ will last you 10 or more hours if you wanna 100 percent it. 6-8 if you only wanna do each mission once. Its also way better stealth then thief
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
3 years ago#4
Get Thief, its under rated Imo and would be the only entirely new experience for you.

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: DarkHoles

DarkHoles
3 years ago#5
Tomb raider, it's epic. I bought it in the sale and 0 regrets.
You my friend don't just take the biscuit, you take it, eat it, then s*** back in the tin

Flatline05
3 years ago#6
I wonder what the likelihood of the season pass getting a discount soon would be?

Also, these two games on sale seem like excellent games for gold candidates on Xbox One.

I've never been much of a fan of MGS or stealth games, aside from Splinter Cell/Deus Ex ( go figure).

User Info: velvet_hammer

velvet_hammer
3 years ago#7
Flatline05 posted...
I wonder what the likelihood of the season pass getting a discount soon would be?

Also, these two games on sale seem like excellent games for gold candidates on Xbox One.

I've never been much of a fan of MGS or stealth games, aside from Splinter Cell/Deus Ex ( go figure).

Its a change for MGS you may like it. Deus Ex is epic
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw

User Info: lightfighter

lightfighter
3 years ago#8
Tomb Raider imo

User Info: CrownedOne03

CrownedOne03
3 years ago#9
Get both, I did. Two games for the price of one. I played and beat Tomb Raider on the 360 as well. Fortunely i don't remember as many parts of it and it feels refreshed on the Xbox One. Also bought Assassins Creed 4 and LEGO marvel heroes on sale for $29 each at the Microsoft store.

Thief is good, graphics are what you would expect for a multi-platform game on the 360. It's worth $29, wouldn't feel so good paying full price for it though.

Flatline05
3 years ago#10
I decided to go with Tomb Raider for now.

There aren't enough good cars in the season pass to warrant $50 (only like 2-3 per pack).

I may get Thief before this sale ends, haven't decided. I'm sure it will be a bargain title soon enough due to the harsh reviews.

I will wait for a price drop on Ground Zeroes if I play it at all.

Thanks all for the input!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can't Decide on what to get (Forza 5 season pass, Thief, or Tomb Raider)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived