My XBone doesn't seem to want to play discs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. My XBone doesn't seem to want to play discs?

User Info: jmgordon99

jmgordon99
2 years ago#1
Okay I got the TitanFall bundle and have had the XBone for less than a month. Since TF was digital download I never put a disc in the tray until this past weekend. I tried 2 different blu-rays and then a dvd and none of them worked. The XBone actually made a god-awful sound each time like a blender crushing ice. I ejected the disc almost right away each time. Is this a common problem? Did they ship a bunch of units with defective disc trays? Should I just take it back to where I got it or should I bother with calling XBox Support? Appreciate any advice on this; thank you.
"I'm just about that action, boss."
-Marshawn Lynch to Deion Sanders on Super Bowl media day 2014

User Info: HelmesSeifer

HelmesSeifer
2 years ago#2
Disc dive problems happened to a few of the models including mine. Call MS TC, they are aware of the problem and will fix it.
Xbox live: CaptainMiles
PSN: AdmiralMiles

User Info: TrickyPony

TrickyPony
2 years ago#3
Take it back, you'll have a new one tonight, why would you wait to get a refurb from MS when you can handle this now?

The only reason I bought Titanfall on disc is so I could check my drive. I realized I've owned this thing for 4 months and had no idea if my drive worked since I bought every game digitally.

jmgordon99
2 years ago#4
Okay thanks. I think I'll just take it back as it's less than a month since I bought it.

User Info: OverLordChaos

OverLordChaos
2 years ago#5
Most of the XB1 consoles drives don't work M$ went cheap on the drives and other aspects of the console.

jmgordon99
2 years ago#6
Guess I should have expected this :-(
Seems like MS really doesn't want us to use discs at all. Right now I'm regretting my purchase; I feel like TitanFall is pretty "meh" and don't want kinect so I wish I had bought a PS4 instead and saved $100. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

User Info: JohnWall32

JohnWall32
2 years ago#7
I heard this is a very common problem on X1's...return it and get a PS4.
Board User Level: Legend

User Info: bLiNdSnIpErZ20

bLiNdSnIpErZ20
2 years ago#8
My Xbox uses discs just fine. Just take it back where you bought it and get a new one.
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.

User Info: Duke_of_Nuke

Duke_of_Nuke
2 years ago#9
My Xbone ate my dogs homework.
RIP Oderus Urungus.

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
2 years ago#10
jmgordon99 posted...
Guess I should have expected this :-(
Seems like MS really doesn't want us to use discs at all. Right now I'm regretting my purchase; I feel like TitanFall is pretty "meh" and don't want kinect so I wish I had bought a PS4 instead and saved $100. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

This is a common problem. YouTube is filled with videos of people who's consoles make the grinding sound when trying to play a disc. Return the console and get your money back
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. My XBone doesn't seem to want to play discs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived