MS thanks 5 y/o for discovering a vulnerability

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. MS thanks 5 y/o for discovering a vulnerability

User Info: MrImpatient35

MrImpatient35
2 years ago#1
There was another post about this today, that conveniently left out one crucial detail. MS acknowledge and fixed this: http://www.10news.com/news/5-year-old-ocean-beach-exposes-microsoft-xbox-vulnerability

Microsoft has come up with a fix and acknowledged Kristopher on their website in a list of security researchers that have helped make Microsoft online services more secure.
FML

User Info: TrueBlue91

TrueBlue91
2 years ago#2
This needed another topic just to add that.
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
2 years ago#3
You could bypass the password by hitting space?

wow.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

User Info: BSerenity

BSerenity
2 years ago#4
The hole in the security should have never been there. Especially from a company who prides itself on software. They could have done more for the kid as well. Oh well. It is fixed. Moving on.
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.

User Info: Cosmic_Diabetic

Cosmic_Diabetic
2 years ago#5
his dad says he broke a child lock when he was one by holding down the home screen button.
he probably was just holding it down for no reason at all and just happened to find a loop hole by chance. i feel like his dad is trying to make his kid out to be a hacking genius to the media
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."

User Info: SnoicFactor

SnoicFactor
2 years ago#6
Watch him get a free white xbox one and other crap >_> lol
nt

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
2 years ago#7
I wonder what other security flaws are waiting to be discovered. I'd be taking down the video camera and microphone array that's plugged in 24/hrs a day at my home and connected to the internet.

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: cheezedadada

cheezedadada
2 years ago#8
BSerenity posted...
The hole in the security should have never been there. Especially from a company who prides itself on software. They could have done more for the kid as well. Oh well. It is fixed. Moving on.

I can agree with that. It shouldn't have been there, but unfortunately it was.

I think MS just needs to hire a few 5-year-old children and have them bang on the Xbox One controller like monkeys to see what they can break.
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.

User Info: Massillon_G

Massillon_G
2 years ago#9
They also gave him 4 free games, 12 months of live and $50? Microsoft spit in that kid's face.
GT: MGG 9000

User Info: bob15x

bob15x
2 years ago#10
wow, sony fanboys actually commenting on this after the worst f up with the psn hack?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. MS thanks 5 y/o for discovering a vulnerability

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived