Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

User Info: CrimsonCorp

CrimsonCorp
2 years ago#101
I was a pretty hardcore PS2 fan back in the day. I loved the exclusives and didn't think an Xbox was necessary. Slowly though, I became agitated at the fact that the multiplatform games on the PS2 were the weakest among the three consoles.

Finally I just got an Xbox forSplinter Cell Chaos Theory, and the rest is history. I really enjoyed Halo, but it was KOTOR that single handedly made the Xbox purchase worth it. A master piece of an RPG.

As for this past console gen, i've had my 360 for almost 8 years, vs my PS3's 3 years. So it's obvious which one I have the more extensive library with.

And now, while the PS4 certainly will have slightly better multiplats, I feel like I enjoy the Xbox ecosystem more. As well, as the memories. I'll probably stay with Xbox. If it wasn't for LIVE, my friend's lists and achievements/video game history, i'd probably would have gone with a PS4.
GT: Iron Primarch / PSN: Lost_Primarch

User Info: sanjeust

sanjeust
2 years ago#102
The Xbox 360 was the cheaper way to play Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

User Info: DarthUchiha91

DarthUchiha91
2 years ago#103
CrimsonCorp posted...
I was a pretty hardcore PS2 fan back in the day. I loved the exclusives and didn't think an Xbox was necessary. Slowly though, I became agitated at the fact that the multiplatform games on the PS2 were the weakest among the three consoles.

Finally I just got an Xbox forSplinter Cell Chaos Theory, and the rest is history. I really enjoyed Halo, but it was KOTOR that single handedly made the Xbox purchase worth it. A master piece of an RPG.

As for this past console gen, i've had my 360 for almost 8 years, vs my PS3's 3 years. So it's obvious which one I have the more extensive library with.

And now, while the PS4 certainly will have slightly better multiplats, I feel like I enjoy the Xbox ecosystem more. As well, as the memories. I'll probably stay with Xbox. If it wasn't for LIVE, my friend's lists and achievements/video game history, i'd probably would have gone with a PS4.

This is why I bought an Xbox.
I may not go down in history, but I will go downn on your sister.

User Info: gbaredwings

gbaredwings
2 years ago#104
For the exclusive titles and my parents not buying a gaming pc. Morrowind is and will always be my favorite game of all time. Plus Halo, KOTOR and Fable.

360, I bought only because it had Oblivion first.

And bought my Xbone because most of my friends have one.
MEOW

User Info: SPARTAN_D7

SPARTAN_D7
2 years ago#105
I was 17 and I couldn't afford a decent PC. Morrowind came out for the Xbox and I was ecstatic. Bought the system and Morrowind, got Halo with the system and never looked back.
Don't bro me if you don't know me.

User Info: mokmuud

mokmuud
2 years ago#106
I try to own all the gaming handhelds and consoles because I love gaming.
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539

User Info: Lyrm

Lyrm
2 years ago#107
I never had an original xbox, but I played countless hours of Halo 2 at my friends' houses, playing online or system links, so naturally, I had to get a 360 for Halo 3. I got a One because the PS4 doesn't interest me with any of their exclusives so far.

User Info: ObligatoryFate

ObligatoryFate
2 years ago#108
gatman85 posted...
halo
Halo for XBox. Halo 3 for 360.

No plans to get XBone since no BC with my physical games.
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

User Info: P00DGE

P00DGE
2 years ago#109
I can't speak for any of the consoles, because none of them have ever really had appealing exclusives, and consoles generally don't appeal to me much to begin with, but I chose the Xbox brand for controllers because the 360 controller is reasonably comfortable (it's no Gamecube controller, but still great), and has a ton of support for PC games, which is my only choice in systems for gaming.

User Info: lazycomplife

lazycomplife
2 years ago#110
I bought a 360 because it was cheaper and had cool titles like blue dragon, gears, and mass effect. Then my first console died and I had to get a new one. That's the first time I ever had a console die on me in my entire gaming life since the nes. Then they stopped releasing any good games at all after gears 3 and mass effect 3.
I'm very glad I also had a ps3, which I purchased a year after my 360.
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived