Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

User Info: Scymite

Scymite
3 years ago#21
I got the 360 in 2006 because my computer couldn't run Oblivion, and I somehow missed most of the Xbox/PS2/Gamecube generation. I went NES -> SNES -> N64 -> Dreamcast -> Xbox 360
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants

User Info: Combo626

Combo626
3 years ago#22
Because I can afford both so I have both.
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE! - Frieza/Shao Kahn

User Info: Cosmic_Diabetic

Cosmic_Diabetic
3 years ago#23
I literally got an Xbox for the sole purpose of Halo after playing it at a friends house
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."

User Info: killerbasa

killerbasa
3 years ago#24
When I was younger I had gotten a Gamecube, had fun with certain games and thought the console was great. My cousins had gotten an Xbox and I went over there to hang out. My cousin demoed Morrowind for me and I was blown away. Then when we started getting Halo games going with 16 people (The highlight of gaming for me, split screen 4 tv's and a bunch of kids at a house was so much fun back in the day) I had to go buy one.

I loved the Xbox so much at that point. Got the 360 a little after it was released and had a ton of fun with that console. I'm a big fan of Xbox Live and most of the people I know all had Xbox's. Also with so much familiarity with MS I think that is why have been an avid Xbox owner.

I love some titles that the PS consoles have and considered getting PS2/3 a few times. I don't hold a strong bias against Sony, just something about Xbox that has appealed to me more. I would love to have all gaming consoles if finances and time allowed.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
3 years ago#25
I got an Xbox because my Ps2 came with no games, no memory card and the original Xbox controller was more comfortable, so I made a switch to it. Haven't preferred Sony as my main gaming platform since Ps1.
Get Good Kid.

User Info: Cosmic_Diabetic

Cosmic_Diabetic
3 years ago#26
Jedi454 posted...
I got an Xbox because my Ps2 came with no games, no memory card and the original Xbox controller was more comfortable, so I made a switch to it. Haven't preferred Sony as my main gaming platform since Ps1.

i disagree completely the launch Xbox controller was the most uncomfortable controller I had ever used. That thing was a tank
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."

User Info: elbarto1

elbarto1
3 years ago#27
The duke was hard on the fingers.
The S was spot on.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY

User Info: LostOdyssey17

LostOdyssey17
3 years ago#28
BruceLee1974 posted...
For me I've been a Xbox owner since when the first xbox came out, then I chose the 360 all because they were more powerful and I had a grudge against Sony.

But with this current Xbox I went with Sony because I now held a grudge with MS and plus they no longer had the more powerful console. I think if they had the more powerful console I would have went with them again. It's really a big shame they decided to go with Kinect instead for me anyway.

So what about you.

Not going with both is only hurting yourself.
I like to think I make some pretty good topics and posts, until they get modded shortly after.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
3 years ago#29
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Jedi454 posted...

i disagree completely the launch Xbox controller was the most uncomfortable controller I had ever used. That thing was a tank

I'm not talking about the duke, i'm talking about the second model controller.
Get Good Kid.

User Info: UnhelpfulNPC

UnhelpfulNPC
3 years ago#30
Played Halo CE with my cousins at Thanksgiving dinner in 02 or 03 and decided to wait until there was another game or two I liked to get one.

Later on, one of my friends told me about a new Gaiden being made and it sold me on Xbox First.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived