Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

User Info: chip1289

chip1289
2 years ago#31
halo combat evolved and xbox live

User Info: phillyeagles123

phillyeagles123
2 years ago#32
I never had an original Xbox but most of my friends did and kept saying how great Halo 2 was so I got an Xbox 360 back in 2006 for Halo 2, and soon after, Halo 3.
Console War in a nutshell: "My plastic box is better than your plastic box!"

User Info: jellybeanmaster

jellybeanmaster
2 years ago#33
Xbox was the first console that was mine and i bought with my money. We already had gamecube and ps2. But aside from being the only 6th gen system we didnt have i wanted it becuz of its power and the new xbox live.
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,

User Info: Shadowfxd2

Shadowfxd2
2 years ago#34
Xbox = Halo
360 = FFXI
Xbone = I'd never touch
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg

User Info: TheCyborgNinja

TheCyborgNinja
2 years ago#35
I thought the original was going to be a major flop, but the hype from a month of Halo ads made me not care about that. I picked up the system with that game, Oddworld, and DOA3 at launch. I was pretty happy overall.
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo

User Info: Neo Vejiita

Neo Vejiita
2 years ago#36
I got a 360 to play old school xbox games I'd missed, the lineup of games at the time had the ps3 beat, and because I had cash to burn.

I got my 360 in March 2006 and bought Oblivion, DoA4, PGR3, Shenmue 2 (which didn't work at the time...it was added to bc later), Halo 1, Halo 2, Forza 1, and Ninja Gaiden Black.
Pokemon Black
Tokiya FC: 0862 2942 5169

User Info: EnmaDaio2588

EnmaDaio2588
2 years ago#37
I chose the Xbox a couple of generations ago because it seemed to be the most powerful. What sold me on it was Dead or Alive but once I got to play the games I got really into Halo. Years later when I went back and tried the PS2 and Gamecube I found that I should have probably gone with the GC...of course I keep hearing about how that console (like the Wii U) had trouble with third party support.

I then went with the Xbox 360, mainly because I was really into Halo, Fable, Morrowind, Crimson Skies, Otogi, Breakdown and, Whacked..sadly, only two of those had 360-exclusive sequels since which sucks...I also didn't realize that going with a PS3 would have netted me a Blu Ray player but the price wouldn't have justified it for me honestly. The Wii still hasn't done too much to impress me honestly...

This gen I'm 100% Wii U and past-gen. Xbone and PS4 doesn't have any system-selling exclusives that interest me. The XBone's reveal was horribly anti-consumer and borderline anti-gamer. Later news and developments seemed to back-peddle but the damage is done and I'm just not even going to consider the XBone...maybe if there's a no-Kinect version down the line but I don't see it happening. I want to want a PS4 but don't plan on getting one of those until 2016 or so..
I had a dream of my wife...She was dead but, it was OK...

User Info: DragonlordHaar8

DragonlordHaar8
2 years ago#38
Tales of Vesperia
TvC friend code- 0947- 3795- 9587

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
2 years ago#39
I already had a Wii U for a year before buying an XBOX One. I chose XBOX One over PS4 last year because Titanfall was coming to the XBOX One in March 2014, and not PS4.

User Info: MithrilMonarch

MithrilMonarch
2 years ago#40
Had an Xbox and didn't play it much, but I acknowledge it as a good system. Bought an Xbox 360 due to the fact that it was the first seventh generation console. After initial problems with RROD and stuff, I think it turned out to be the greatest system of the generation. No plans to downgrade to an Xbox One because it's a bad console.
PC gaming isn't a master race. Read a dictionary.
I rarely return to threads I post on.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived