Has any console ever seen price cuts like the Xbox One at this point in its life

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Has any console ever seen price cuts like the Xbox One at this point in its life

User Info: Gadoken22

Gadoken22
2 years ago#1
My first 80/80

http://www.rakuten.es/shop/citygames/product/885370766134/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800769

The slash cuts are great but almost meteoric. I'm hard pressed to find another console which underwent a similar decline? Maybe the Gamecube? Would love a history lesson.

User Info: HENTAIDOJI

HENTAIDOJI
2 years ago#2
$40?

Gamecube had a pre-launch price cut.

PS3 has 4-6 $100 price drops in the first 6 months via SKU shuffling and another $100 in month 10

PS4 dropped the $60 camera before launch
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg

User Info: kzmanrules

kzmanrules
2 years ago#3
I love the ps3 but I do think it went from 600 which was worth it to 400 I believe fast but that was because of the fans complaining this is just Microsoft screwing you all who bought the system a few months ago.

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
2 years ago#4
Haha, no console has dropped this fast, ever. It's because the lack of demand.

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: Sabram

Sabram
2 years ago#5
The Xbone price dropped faster than the 3DS, and that's saying something.
I have discovered the perfect game. It is called Starbound, and shall be played forever.
PSN: Sabram

User Info: Fenriswolf

Fenriswolf
2 years ago#6
So you're saying MS should've followed Kutaragi's example and ask people to work more hours?
Hello
(message deleted)

User Info: LotrMorgoth

LotrMorgoth
2 years ago#8
Sabram posted...
The Xbone price dropped faster than the 3DS, and that's saying something.

and how is 3ds doing now?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4

User Info: Rdeal2

Rdeal2
2 years ago#9
They are not official cuts and no other console had to compete against a console that's selling like hotcakes

User Info: AceAndJunpei

AceAndJunpei
2 years ago#10
Rdeal2 posted...
They are not official cuts and no other console had to compete against a console that's selling like hotcakes

Lol, uhhh...the Wii?
Now Playing: MGS5 Ground Zeroes, Second Son (PS4), DKTF (WiiU), Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PC) Dead Rising 3 (no)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Has any console ever seen price cuts like the Xbox One at this point in its life

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived