A game to immerse a depressed person...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. A game to immerse a depressed person...

User Info: Onipaladin

Onipaladin
3 years ago#1
On spring break with literally nothing to do but be depressed in my room. So I want to get something that will hopefully just suck me in for the next 2 weeks. I was thinking between Dead Rising 3, Assassin's Creed IV and Thief.
Friend Codes ; 1891 1168 2591 - Manny
0576 441 7875 - Vinnie

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
3 years ago#2
None of those are heavily immersive to be honest. Try a last gen game like Red Dead Redemption.
Get Good Kid.

User Info: Millertime660

Millertime660
3 years ago#3
If you are depressed.... I would choose a more uplifting game.

Otherwise AC4 has a ton of content!

User Info: Onipaladin

Onipaladin
3 years ago#4
What I want is something time consuming to take my mind off things. Stuff with a lot of collectibles, a open world, a storyline that is fairly decent. Maybe some fun action. Last game that made me forget about life was Skyrim. Only game I ever played about 20 hours straight with out stopping unless it was to eat or use the restroom. I want something like that.

I only really have a Wii U and Xbox 1. My 360 doesn't work and my ps3 is on it's last legs.
Friend Codes ; 1891 1168 2591 - Manny
0576 441 7875 - Vinnie

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
3 years ago#5
Lego City is fantastic for Wii-U and would last you the days you need it for.

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: Millertime660

Millertime660
3 years ago#6
Well check out the DR3 demo as well. You will certainly be able to dump a ton of time into it if you enjoy it.
(message deleted)

User Info: Garage_Man

Garage_Man
3 years ago#8
Check out some of the old ps1 RPG games on psn. They usually do a pretty good job at immersion. I've yet to really find a modern game that sucks me in like they do.

User Info: MrCheese4321

MrCheese4321
3 years ago#9
Why are you depressed?
Why go to the park and fly a kite, when you can just pop a pill?

User Info: GuhGat

GuhGat
3 years ago#10
Any good game can be good for depression.

I strangely found fast action games were good. Just spead my mind up a bit. Avoind online though- people will just depress you further.

Try to get good at fighting games (unless you're easily frustrated). That worked best for me.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. A game to immerse a depressed person...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived