traded in all my books from masters program and got enough money to buy X1

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. traded in all my books from masters program and got enough money to buy X1

User Info: LotrMorgoth

LotrMorgoth
2 years ago#1
Thank you American education system!
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
I was just gonna come in here and post how ridiculous the education system is in this country but I see that is the point of the topic already. :P

Text books are the BIGGEST RIP OFF I've ever seen.
When the going gets tough, kick going in the balls!

User Info: PoweredMilkMan

PoweredMilkMan
2 years ago#3
Christopher Belmont posted...
I was just gonna come in here and post how ridiculous the education system is in this country but I see that is the point of the topic already. :P

500 bucks for a book, only use a chapter out of it. :/
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam - bloodandbourbon

User Info: shamfuru

shamfuru
2 years ago#4
You can save up enough for an X1 just by buying used or sharing books for a year.
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.

User Info: OSUPlantBreeder

OSUPlantBreeder
2 years ago#5
Congrats on finishing and on the new purchase. It can be a grind, so enjoy some quality gaming.

User Info: crynryan

crynryan
2 years ago#6
PoweredMilkMan posted...
Christopher Belmont posted...

500 bucks for a book, only use a chapter out of it. :/

Most of my books I haven't used. Had to buy them because the code to get on their site came with the purchase of it.
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)

User Info: UnhelpfulNPC

UnhelpfulNPC
2 years ago#7
Damn. It's worse now than it was when I went. One of the reasons I dropped out was because I couldn't afford the books.

User Info: Tyronelio1

Tyronelio1
2 years ago#8
With the books being so expensive there, can't you just download a PDF of the book? Or read it online?

Also welcome to current gen!
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com, where the mods cry at any opinion that's not their own.

User Info: userfrigginame

userfrigginame
2 years ago#9
Pretty lucky that your books didn't get a "new edition" with slightly different pictures, making re-selling them back to the school impossible.

User Info: TheFeralWarrior

TheFeralWarrior
2 years ago#10
It's pretty terrible. I spent about the same this past semester. The DSM-5 and all the crap I had to buy with it was a real kick in the nuts.
Follow the buzzards!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb_R6vHUB4w
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. traded in all my books from masters program and got enough money to buy X1

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived