What was the first console you bought with your own money?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What was the first console you bought with your own money?

User Info: CelesEsperIce3

CelesEsperIce3
2 years ago#61
The first console I bought with money I had earned(not allowances) was the N64. I was 15 and had worked a military summer hire program with the Air Force for the whole summer.(like 4 hours a day a couple times a week) I barely made 400 dollars and I blew 300 of it on the N64 and Super Mario 64.

Technically I "bought" a SNES at a thrift shop when I was 12, but it was really my parents money.
Yes, I'm sexist, racist, and homophobic, but I'm more tolerant than you.

User Info: Anakerie

Anakerie
2 years ago#62
OkayPlayer1 posted...
To the Genesis and SNES guys, how old are you? I turned 30 this year, I would think 16 is the youngest age (maybe 14) where people even have the ability to buy a console with their own money, and mine was ps2 in 2000 when I was 16 at my first job. Do we really have 38-40 year olds frequenting these boards? Not commenting negatively just curious and more power to 'em if so.

I started gaming at 6. I'll be 39 in July and will be a gamer until I die.
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA

User Info: sanjeust

sanjeust
2 years ago#63
Xbox 360

User Info: 1337Rooster

1337Rooster
2 years ago#64
When I was in high school I saved my allowance for a few years (until I stopped getting allowance when I had job in grade 10).

During those years I bought these consoles and games for them.
GBA
Gamecube
Gaming PC
PS2
Thank you for playing. Yes. I am number one!

User Info: 1337Rooster

1337Rooster
2 years ago#65
Also although games are a bit expensive. Compared to a lot of other time consuming hobbies (Say snowboarding for example). They are actually quite cheap. Of course they are still a more expensive endeavor when compared to books, movie watching, etc.
Thank you for playing. Yes. I am number one!

User Info: HellsController

HellsController
2 years ago#66
PS3.
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone

User Info: eddy_cocaine

eddy_cocaine
2 years ago#67
GameCube was my first. Went in and dropped about 2 months of paper route money.

Thank God my sister had a license and took me (I was only 12 or 13). If it had been my parents there would have been no way I left eb games with the amount of stuff I bought.

Pretty sure they suckered me into getting 5 games and 3 controllers and 2 memory cards. Don't regret it one bit though. I loved that thing.

Fast forward about 13 years and it's still hooked up to my TV. I play it about every three months.

But since then I bought every system every gen.
GT: Toot Scoot PSN: CerebralLOLsy
Dear fanboys; get over yourselves. Video games are not the most important thing in life.

User Info: cdawg21

cdawg21
2 years ago#68
Sega Dreamcast......It's Thinking :-)
"a man who drinks and can't dance will never get into a ladies pants"

User Info: Atalalama

Atalalama
2 years ago#69
NES.

On the weekend the Genesis was released.

Good times, good times...
If a game's not good enough for a physical release, then it's not good enough for me.
Official KH3 Aerith, apparently? How...?

User Info: savagechild89

savagechild89
2 years ago#70
do handhelds count? if so the original 3ds. if not, the wii u. when i was younger i never bought them since i was too young to work and i didnt really get an allowance. all the way up to the ps3 and 360 everything was always a gift of some sort. i got a 360 for christmas and a ps3 for my birthday that next year.

it wasnt till the wii u came out and i bought it at launch that i got my first console with my own money.
PSN: Savagechild89, XBL: Littleraven89 (inactive), 3DS Friendcode: 4983-5811-5759, Wii U: Littleraven89
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What was the first console you bought with your own money?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived