Manufacture of Xbox may slow down or stop

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Manufacture of Xbox may slow down or stop

User Info: Enigma149

Enigma149
3 years ago#61
Dann981 posted...
Last generation ps3 and 360s sold over 80 million. The Xbox Ones 4.2 million is nothing right now.

Let me ask you something: if Microsoft follows your plan, and stops Xbox One production today to work on another model for a marginal power increase that alienates those 5 million customers who bought the Xbox One, do you think those people are going to buy the new model?! Do you think anyone is going to spend $400 - 500 on the new model, knowing that Microsoft will drop support, come out with another model, and ask everyone to buy their system for a third time, unless it manages to sell 5 million units within 6 months?

Better late than never.

Better late than never for what? "Saving" the Xbox One? If it had only sold 2 million units, you'd be right...but that's just not the case. Sales, although below the PS4 and below supply, are still some of the best the industry ever had (at one point they were 2nd best, behind the PS4, though by now the Wii might've passed it - I don't remember when Nintendo finally got a grip on its supply issues).

And please don't try to talk about Xbox driving away customers they've done that just fine with their poor PR and being overly stubborn to what they want.

They had some very poor PR, I won't question that. What I will question is how they're still being overly stubborn after reversing their unpopular policies. Mandatory online check? Gone. No used games? Gone. Kinect must be plugged in? Gone. As far as I can tell, the only unpopular thing still in there is how every unit comes bundled with a Kinect, which hasn't given them any bad PR - at least, none outside the conspiracy theory and Sony fanboy websites which claim it's actually the secret biproduct of a shady, backroom deal Microsoft made with the NSA in their efforts to increase the Illuminati's New World Order espionage mind control program.

But, maybe you're right. Maybe having the Kinect in there is holding them back, and if they come out with a new model, it would be removed. Though I'm still not so sure how throwing 5 million people under the bus will give them good PR...

They already have run the idea of a disc driveless model. Regardless of what they do or don't do they'll make someone angry.

I'm not so sure what you're trying to say here. If you're implying that Microsoft floating around the idea of a discless Xbox one is anywhere near what you've proposed, I'd like to point out that a discless Xbox one wouldn't alienate any current Xbox One owners, while your plan would alienate all of them.

Alternatively, if you're implying that Microsoft's plan of a discless model will make consumers angry, I'm not so sure how giving consumers the choice over whether or not they want a discless model will anger them, though I admit it might drive up some conspiracy theories about how Microsoft is preparing for the impending return of DRM we hear every so often that always go unfounded (I imagine, three years from now, we'll be hearing comments like, "Sony's sold 40 million PS4s to Microsoft's 35 million, and this complete destruction will only continue when Microsoft re-implements their DRM...Any minute now...).

Either way, you're wrong.

***EDIT***
Also, correct me if I'm wrong - again - but isn't this rather expected? If you manufacture enough units to meet demand for, say, 9 months in 6, you don't manufacture units for those other 3. This isn't like the Dreamcast where Sega announced a complete and total halt of production.
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0

User Info: Ellesarien

Ellesarien
3 years ago#62
When you make sure you are going to have enough consoles for anyone that wants one during the launch window, not too hard to see that you might have some overstock when the demand slows.

I guess they could have gone the Sony route which was to be not even ready for your own launch and not have enough supply for your customers but MS went the other way.
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
3 years ago#63
sony has sold more consoles than MS has even produced
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg

User Info: Skynet82997

Skynet82997
3 years ago#64
BeefEaster posted...

And thus, your life and happiness, is complete!

Good for you! : )
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate

BeefEaster
3 years ago#65
people sure are defensive here
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg

User Info: Enigma149

Enigma149
3 years ago#66
BeefEaster posted...

No one is denying this. People are simply questioning its importance.
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0

Skynet82997
3 years ago#67
BeefEaster posted...

No - not at all. I'm genuinely happy for you that "your" company is winning.

Folks like you spend so much time here, advising everyone how poorly MS is doing, it's obviously very, very important to you. So I'm happy that you're finding such satisfaction in all of this.

Like I said - good for you. : )

User Info: MilesTeg420

MilesTeg420
3 years ago#68
An Xbox One model w/o disc drive is a death sentence for the console at retail. Retailers already got burned on excess stock, why on earth would they stock this new, presumably cheaper model, that they can't even sell discs for?

Retailers would push for PS4 hard. Xbox One presence at retail diminishes and the console starts it's downward spiral into obscurity.

BeefEaster
3 years ago#69
Skynet82997 posted...
BeefEaster posted...

Folks like you spend so much time here, advising everyone how poorly MS is doing, it's obviously very, very important to you. So I'm happy that you're finding such satisfaction in all of this.

my company?

why is everyone so quick to pull the fanboy card?

I play my 360 far more than my sony consoles

just because I don't praise the xbox one doesn't mean I'm anti-MS

Skynet82997
3 years ago#70
BeefEaster posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
BeefEaster posted...

my company?

why is everyone so quick to pull the fanboy card?

I play my 360 far more than my sony consoles

just because I don't praise the xbox one doesn't mean I'm anti-MS

I never said you were. But you were beaming with such obvious pride when you posted that Sony has sold more consoles than MS has made, so I figured I'd congratulate you.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Manufacture of Xbox may slow down or stop

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived